Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 10:09 AM

Re: England our england!

Ok so we won, so lets get behind the Team and give them a boost. Joe's job for the day is to locate the large England flag that is rolled up ready for use in the shed. I am practising the song Jerusalem, and WE are the champions. What a year ahead, its almost the Six Nations as well and I shall be supporting Ireland, land of my Father's, will she survive I ask myself.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 10:12 AM

Come back Hammer and Bob and Vera. Lets together and give the lads support, what a handsome man StevieG is.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

16-10-2013, 10:16 AM

Oh dear when will people realize there is no such thing as Friendly in Football.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 11:55 AM

Yes, England won last night and there was a good 5 minutes of sheer brilliant play from them; the rest was the usual plodding and mispasses (mainly from Rooney) but two very good goals.

So glad to see that Leighton Baines was playing and I hope Andy Carroll makes more than an honoury appearance. The thing I noticed last night was that with a newer crew, they seemed more interested in winning.

Still not a convincing performance though so when we meet tougher opponents, I shall be cringing

It's a young team though with not many internationals under their belt so it could be just a waiting game for a few years.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 06:00 PM

I also watched the match and I thought England looked more impressive that they have done for several years. Two great goals, a great atmosphere ........ Brazil, here we come!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

16-10-2013, 07:13 PM

yes I have to agree there was something about them last night and lets be pleased for them. usually its the game of the long ball and before long you wonder whats on the other side.... but not last night, I was quite elated.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I also watched the match and I thought England looked more impressive that they have done for several years. Two great goals, a great atmosphere ........ Brazil, here we come!
Didn't they just. The old crew (before they became too old) just seemed to expect to win so didn't really put much effort in until they were, yet again, on the back foot. I've hoped for a bunch of new players for some time, get some youthful zeal back in the team - and we got it
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
yes I have to agree there was something about them last night and lets be pleased for them. usually its the game of the long ball and before long you wonder whats on the other side.... but not last night, I was quite elated.
You and me both annie - when Stevie Gs goal went in (which finished off Poland), I shouted out 'YES' which startled the dogs who then went into a barking fit and running around looking spooked I don't often shout at the telly Roll on next summer
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

17-10-2013, 11:18 AM

I shouted yes and punched my fist into the air........ Pull yourself together Annie!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2013, 11:31 AM

It's as they say annie: the England team never make it easy to watch them compete

I used to be quite a fan of Real Madrid when it was Los Galacticos but, they were so good, you expected them to win and then you get all blase about it - it actually spoilt it. It taught me that a bit of the edge-of-the-seat can be a good thing entertainment wise

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top