Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Just a Lady
New Member!
England, UK
Just a Lady is female 

10-07-2012, 03:05 AM

what have we learnt about life so far?

Hello, I'm new and I just want to discuss how we in the fifties feel about getting here, how our attitudes in life have changed or been modified...discussion welcome
Viscount
SE UK
Viscount is male 

10-07-2012, 03:19 AM

Re: what have we learnt about life so far?

as one sage said......"Life's a bitch, and the we die!"

Personally, I say the best is yet to come! our rich mass of memories make us what we are!
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 07:41 AM

very true viscount and then theres that point in our lives where we reach the crossroads and we stand on our own trying to find the right road forward...at the moment im stuck on a bliddy roundabout going around in circles!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Welcome Tuki to our forum.
To me life is getting better by the day, I like my life, I could do with a little more money to make it more comfortable, but that would only be greedy.
I like the simple life, getting exercise at the gym 5 days a week and playing crown green bowls at the weekend.
Going out for the odd meal when I fancy one, enjoying the TV in the evenings.
And a couple of coach holidays a year, suits me fine.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 08:31 AM

what have we learnt about life so far?
I just want to discuss how we in the fifties feel about getting here,
Hi Tuki some of us here are a bit past the 50s
..and I for one am still learning about life

how our attitudes in life have changed or been modified..
I don't think my attitude to life has really changed much at all, I still feel the same as I did in my teens.
My philosophy inherited from my Dad has always been..
..try to achieve something every day so never a day is wasted,
..always get the tasks you like least out of the way first,
..try to see some good in every situation no matter how bad things may seem at the time.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 09:32 AM

I thought getting into my fifties i would have calmed down (not so). I still expect people to answer questions quickly, i am still impatient, and want everything done straight away. I still think i can do the same things as in my 20's and 30's unfortunately my body doesent always agree.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 09:51 AM

I'm still the same as I always was....just a bit slower. One thing that does seem to bother me a bit is...the ground seems further away when I'm on Horseback these days than it used to.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Just a Lady ->
Hello, I'm new and I just want to discuss how we in the fifties feel about getting here, how our attitudes in life have changed or been modified...discussion welcome
Hello Tuki and welcome to the forum.
I'm in my mid sixties and I am not sure how I got to this age so quickly; must have just crept up on me when my back was turned It has dawned on me though that I now have more of life behind me than in front and that our lives are fragile and can change quickly. This is a sobering thought for me, which I have not yet accepted or come to terms with. I have also discovered that I don't know as much as I expected I would know at 60+ which is a bit surprising. I now think that half the enjoyment is in the race and the people around you, not simply getting there - then is it time to move onto something else or stay still to reflect and be satisfied? I'm not sure.
My core attitude hasn't changed much since my late teens. I'm perhaps a bit more patient these days, but not a lot.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

10-07-2012, 10:43 AM

The years just tend to creep up on us and before we know it we're in ours 50s, 60s 70s.........but I must admit I don't feel very much different in my head. As others have said, its a question of the body keeping pace with the head which, quite frankly, it doesn't. The years have made me a more confident person though and I have many more opinions than I did when I was younger which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I also consider myself to be much more tolerant and open minded than I was in earlier years which in my opinion is also a good thing. There have been so many changes over the last 60 years that I think we all have to move on and accept that we now live in a completely different world. There were a lot of taboo subjects when I was growing up. Things kids were not encouraged to talk about but now, there doesn't seem to be any such thing. Kids now are encouraged to discuss all sorts of stuff that would have been completely banned by the adults in our lives and I think that's a good thing. They grow up well aware of all the bad things in the world, as well as the good things and that has to be an advantage to them as they go into adulthood.

What was the question again?

oh yes...........attitude....well, I think I answered the question.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 11:58 AM

I do agree mazzie, the body doesn't keep pace with the head - it's very annoying.
Up until a couple of years ago, I prided myself on keeping up with modern technology but it is all going at such a pace now, my head is struggling to keep up.
But quite frankly, I'm not sure if I care..I live quietly, at a steady pace, I enjoy my life.

Are you doing a project? It is a big subject, for a first question

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top