Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 01:48 AM

Re: Echinacea - drops or tablets?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I think it's more a way to sell water at high prices to mug punters TBH.

People should not get confused between Herbal Remedies and Homeopathy. Herbal remedies use real products of Nature which have been tried and tested often for 1000s of years. Homeopathy is essentially a scam. The original mixtures are diluted so many times that it is impossible for there to be even 1 molecule of the original substance. It has been disproven numerous times by rational, objective tests in a controlled environment.

I recently learned that you can make your own herbal tinctures extremely easily which will save you a great deal of money. You just take a glass jar, fill it half way with your herb or spice or flower, fill up with 100% alcohol (like Vodka) so all the herb is covered, put the lid on and then just leave for 2-6 weeks shaking the jar every couple of days. It is that simple ! When it's ready just sieve the mixture through a muslin cloth and squeeze out all the tincture.

If you can get yourself an Echinacea plant you can grow your own and make your own tincture just like that.

I already stated that Realist.
Yes, you can make some herbal remedies yourself, and as long as the person is knowledgeable and confident enough to know which part of the plant to use, and also that they are picking the correct plant in the first place.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 03:58 AM

I use capsules (for no more than two weeks at a time).

I also prefer herbals over homeopathy/tinctures.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 10:21 AM

Azz Do you think capsules are better than the tincture and why?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Better still - couldn't we just eat the raw leaves in a salad?
YUK
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I use capsules (for no more than two weeks at a time).

I also prefer herbals over homeopathy/tinctures.
Same here
With Echinacea - I take one a day then, if I feel the onset of a cold I take an extra tablet, so far worked. Starting taking this around September
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-02-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Azz Do you think capsules are better than the tincture and why?
For me - depends what the tinctures are for
For digestion, prefer tinctures

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top