Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 08:48 PM

Tadpoles

Anyone still got them?

Had lots of frog spawn in the 'summer' and lots of taddies erupted from the splodge.

I was really surprised to see some in December. Today, I couldn't believe there are some in the pond - it's February! I know we haven't had a hard winter but I feel sorry for them if it's going to freeze.

Oops, should this be in animals...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 08:51 PM

Re: Tadpoles

Not had spawn for a couple of years now but a nice froggie or maybe 2 visited last summer
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 09:52 PM

We had frogs last year so have cleaned out our pond in the hope they may come back to lay their eggs. Fingers crossed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 01:00 AM

I haven't see any yet
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 09:40 AM

We get frogs in our garden ponds every year. They arrive en masse in March - spend a month croaking and spawning and then largely disappear again until the frogspawn yields many hundreds of tiny frogs.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
We had frogs last year so have cleaned out our pond in the hope they may come back to lay their eggs. Fingers crossed.
But if you still had some hiding cos they were late growing up, you might've cleaned 'em all away
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

11-02-2016, 09:16 PM

I get them every year, and my pond is by no means clean

Last year, there was just so much frogspawn, the most yet.
I'm a bit gob smacked there are still taddies at this late stage.

Is it to do with the the warm winter?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
But if you still had some hiding cos they were late growing up, you might've cleaned 'em all away
I think something went wrong with our pond Pesta, all our goldfish died within a couple of weeks so we cleaned it out and filled it from our water butt rather than our limey tap water. Just hoping that our frogs notice what we've done for them !!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:01 PM

Not seen a frog or tadpole since we moved here, too dry and sandy for em, I reckon. May put in a small pond later this year to try to entice a few.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 06:53 PM

had my first frogs spawn end on January ...seem to be getting earlier every year ..just hope it does not freeze to much as I only have a small plastic pond which was once a water feature ,,have thought several times to pull it up but there always seem to be some wildlife in there .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top