Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 07:56 PM

Re: For the horse lovers

The sheer joy and beauty of these horses is lovely to watch. I hope you don't mind me adding this one clumsy

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:02 PM

I donīt mind at all solo, beautiful animals should be seen as often as possible. Thank you for showing us this one.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 08:41 PM

Those pictures are lovely, Solo. What a gorgeous mane that Stallion has also.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 10:22 PM

I guess we all cried over Anna Sewell`s book-and even I saved my pennys to learn how to ride a little-well I was 9 and she was so lovely.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:38 PM

I had ridden since I was ten. Not any more though, too old now.
The last horse I rode was Seymour, a retired hunter.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:47 PM

Stunning horse Solo, stunning.

Am I being naive though when I say I'd have preferred to see the rider without the whip and spurs? Certainly without the spurs anyway.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

13-02-2016, 12:23 AM

They often use spurs for dressage. If used correctly it doesn't hurt the horse at all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
They often use spurs for dressage. If used correctly it doesn't hurt the horse at all.

I have to say this man looks in complete control of his legs and would be unlikely to hurt this magnificent creature .
With the right rider spurs are used simply to give very light signals to the horse .
In Portugal where the finest classical riding is practiced the spurs are not strapped on ( as they are here ) because they believe that spurs are only for signals touch the horses too hard and they will fall off .
The whip is a dressage whip and would not ( one hopes )be used to punish the horse again it is used to give small refined signals to the horse.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have to say this man looks in complete control of his legs and would be unlikely to hurt this magnificent creature .
With the right rider spurs are used simply to give very light signals to the horse .
In Portugal where the finest classical riding is practiced the spurs are not strapped on ( as they are here ) because they believe that spurs are only for signals touch the horses too hard and they will fall off .
The whip is a dressage whip and would not ( one hopes )be used to punish the horse again it is used to give small refined signals to the horse.

Thanks for explaining Muddy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top