Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 12:40 AM

Re: Emotional Vampires

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ya got wondering now Mups, what does a profound head look like?

Have a look at Spitty's. lol.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Have you ever been in the presence of someone so negative that they sort of suck the energy out of you ? People like this bring you down and just ruin your day. Not easy to avoid the Emotional Vampires because they are all around us....

A few days ago I met by chance in a parking lot an old business associate. Someone who I would define as a negative person and always down on himself. Sure enough, a few seconds into the conversation, it was all about the negative. Rudely, I cut the conversation short and continued on my way. Got into my car and slowly drove away. As I came to the stop sign, out of nowhere this giant palm branch falls on the hood of my car. Fortunately, no damage was done. But, really folks, what are the chances that a large palm branch would fall on the hood of your car on a sunny windless day ? Bad luck I guess. Surprisingly it happened after my encounter with an Emotional Vampire.

Be on the lookout folks for these Emotional Vampires. They do more harm than good to your personality and if your not careful, like chicken little, you might find that the sky is falling...
One might say if you had not rudely cut short the conversation and given the poor bloke a few more minutes of your time the tree would have fell before you reached it
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 10:34 AM

Some people's lives are just s***, what do people expect them to do? Lie to make them feel better?
What really gets me is people who make a huge deal out of a small problem because it's a "disaster" to them.
You have to be careful though because some people focus on small things to stop them thinking about huge things they don't want to reveal.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 10:35 AM

Some people light up a room by entering it, some by leaving.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
One might say if you had not rudely cut short the conversation and given the poor bloke a few more minutes of your time the tree would have fell before you reached it
I agree bad timing...
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Some people light up a room by entering it, some by leaving.

.. and some ignore the walls altogether..
eyes_of_a_painter
n

13-02-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Some people's lives are just s***, what do people expect them to do? Lie to make them feel better?
What really gets me is people who make a huge deal out of a small problem because it's a "disaster" to them.
You have to be careful though because some people focus on small things to stop them thinking about huge things they don't want to reveal.
Reality check is whether the problem is large or small, some people out of simple fear, insecurity , over protective life or simply is a masochist, is not capable of dealing with problems
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Reality check is whether the problem is large or small, some people out of simple fear, insecurity , over protective life or simply is a masochist, is not capable of dealing with problems
As someone brought up to look for negative, terrifying things that MIGHT happen ! (Mum tended to have the 'sky falling on her head') it can be difficult to stop getting wound-up about trivia, even though I can detach and view the situation from afar.

My head is full of common sense but the emotions are something else !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
As someone brought up to look for negative, terrifying things that MIGHT happen ! (Mum tended to have the 'sky falling on her head') it can be difficult to stop getting wound-up about trivia, even though I can detach and view the situation from afar.

My head is full of common sense but the emotions are something else !

My poor old Mum was much the same Rachel. She seemed scared of half the world, and was very superstitious too.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top