Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Re: What a frightening prospect !!

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I hope we continue to let migrants in!
Only if they all get sent to Wales.
Seriously, the days when Britain had the space, wealth and infrastructure of hospitals, housing and schools to support new arrivals is long gone.
We have enough trouble struggling to meet the needs of our own poor and ill people who should come first.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 07:23 PM

Booooo Boooo Boooo!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 07:51 PM

Will they all fit on your Island, cos mine is full.

I have no problem with those that obey our laws, want to work or better themselves and are genuinely escaping persecution but, there comes a time when we have to say "Sorry, no more"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Turkey’s hardline Sharia supporting President Erdogan, yesterday threatened to send millions of migrants to Europe.

Mr Erdogan is demanding more money and is insisting the money be annually not a one off.
Yet another reason for us to get out as quickly as possible.

Murky will no doubt invite Turkey to join the EU, perhaps as part of her expansionist aims and, as we all know, she effectively runs the EU.

And what next after Turkey? Iraq? Syria? Iran? They'll have to rename their empire the European and Middle-Eastern Union (EMU), an appropriate name for those who like to bury their heads in the sand!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 12:47 AM

We're doomed, doomed I tell ye!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 01:09 AM

Not all of us. Perhaps we older ones will be OK, although I feel sorry for our children.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 05:25 AM

True we did not bring up our children to face this sort problems.
Dangerous people who do not share out values.
Its like inviting a savage beast into the living room.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Tarantula, yes, I would agree with you there that there are probably more people living on our island with immigrant history than those with true blue British bloodline. However, migration down through time did not put such pressure on the services that effect the lives of those already living here because we had sensible, controlled Immigration.

In a perfect world, where we Brits could still expect and receive the services we have paid into all our lives, Asylum seekers would be warmly welcomed. In fact, I would go as far as to say we Brits are probably top of the list at being the most hospitable, fairest nation caring for those people that are hurt and distressed and fleeing for a reason. We have never turned our back on those in need.

But there has come a time which is now! that we cannot any longer cope with this influx of millions wanting to come here.
We have to draw the line. Sad but true. Otherwise life will become unbearable for ourselves, and WE don't deserve that.
Great post
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by tina ->
Great post
Shroppy ALWAYS does good posts Tina.
I wouldn't want to get into an argument with her.
That's for sure!
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 11:39 PM

Tarantula, I haven't the faintest clue where you live except it is somewhere in the UK. It would be interesting to find out if you have ever lived in an area that has mostly foreign people living there.

Perhaps you have never seen the problem of Muslims patrollling the streets in order to administer THEIR law to our locally born residents, frightening them, making threats towards them and generally being hateful towards our police officers. Maybe you don't live anywhere near where migrants will have to be housed in tent villages in the south of England, when they pour in across the channel. As somebody earlier said, we haven't got the housing for our own needy people let alone migrants !

I'm afraid that, as much as we would like to offer help and welcome migrants onto our shores, we must have a little bit of sense and say no more immigrants please. Our country is just not large enough to cater for any more. Enough is enough and we have to look to our own desperate needs now. Just look around any town/city centre at night and you will see many homeless people huddled in shop doorways and other places that afford a bit of shelter against the cold and the wet.

Tarantula and anybody else who thinks we should have 'open house' to more migrants, think on please.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top