Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Knockoutblow
Lancashire
Knockoutblow is male  Knockoutblow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Attention seekers

Don't know about every one else but I hate them, you know the ones people who tell complete strangers on the Internet about all the woes and these complete strangers saying oh come on x your to hard on yourself,or oh babe your so beautiful you don't need to worry

Maybe it's me,
But really do these people think they have real true friends on the Internet.
People they have never met.
Are these people lacking real friends and are lonely?

Get a real life saddos
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:14 AM

Re: Attention seekers

They don't bother me - let them get on with it!
We're all individual and have different intentions/needs from an internet forum.

I think it's the variety of personalities that makes it successful.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Knockoutblow ->
Don't know about every one else but I hate them, you know the ones people who tell complete strangers on the Internet about all the woes and these complete strangers saying oh come on x your to hard on yourself,or oh babe your so beautiful you don't need to worry

Maybe it's me,

Get a real life saddos

You should try America. You can't walk down a street without someone telling you how much they earn and the weight of their newborn grandchild.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:22 AM

Maybe it's me,

Get a real life saddos
Who is to decide which people are 'attention seekers' and who genuinely needs a bit of support all be it from strangers online.

For me the 'saddos' are those who are quick to judge and don't posses the ability to empathise with others..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:22 AM

Maybe it's me,

Get a real life saddos
Knockoutblow, l'm smiling as you have just made yourself an 'Attention Seeker' by starting this thread!
You've got all my attention!

(All meant in the nicest possible taste!)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Who is to decide which people are 'attention seekers' and who genuinely needs a bit of support all be it from strangers online.

For me the 'saddos' are those who are quick to judge and don't posses the ability to empathise with others..
Well said Meg!
It's sometimes easier to talk to "strangers" about things rather than close friends or family, you get a different view from those not personally involved, which can help you sort problems out.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:37 AM

I broke a nail this morning, the washing machine timer has just gone off.

Oh and yesterday evening I let my lady know that she and teenage daughter were more than welcome to move in before the end of the school summer holiday. But about this nail???
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

...I will give you an example of support for a 'stranger online' . I have spent many hours on our sister site Dogsey with people in distressing situations like a woman in the USA cut off by snow storms from getting veterinary attention for her injured dog. Myself and others offered suggestions to help her to make the dog comfortable and kept her company for many hours . Eventually she was able to get help for her dog and stopped posting on the site .
A year later on the anniversary of the incident the woman sent me a PM saying 'you will never know how much I appreciate the support I receive that night from yourself and your fellow members who made a never ending night bearable'.

I can give many other examples of 'online support for strangers' , ok we might have been fooled occasionally by the odd attention seeker but so what, that is far outweighed by the benefit many people have received from online support.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:42 AM

I think there are two types, those genuine ones, such as on here who need advice or comfort for whatever reason and those on facebook who just want the attention. I know several people that post their fake woes online for a reaction.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think there are two types, those genuine ones, such as on here who need advice or comfort for whatever reason and those on facebook who just want the attention. I know several people that post their fake woes online for a reaction.
Worst are the ones who pretend they have cancer and even shave their head to get sympathy and money.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top