Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-02-2013, 04:34 PM

Re: Do you allow people to smoke in your home?

I make no apology for my view on smoking as it damages non-smokers too.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I make no apology for my view on smoking as it damages non-smokers too.
But you know what is more damaging than passive smoking? Having bigoted people's views forced upon yourself.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

03-02-2013, 05:39 PM

You choose to post on this forum so should expect to hear opinions with which you don't agree. If you think objecting to being damaged by a a smoker's filthy habit is being bigoted I am sorry for you! I have no more to say on this topic.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2013, 05:40 PM

You choose to post on this forum so should expect to hear opinions with which you don't agree. If you think objecting to being damaged by a a smoker's filthy habit is being bigoted I am sorry for you! I have no more to say on this topic.
HOORAH !
'Free at last - Free at last.....'
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
But you know what is more damaging than passive smoking? Having bigoted people's views forced upon yourself.
I Whole Heartly Agree with you. I've been Absent from here for a While Now simply because a Certain Person with said Bigoted Views Returned. I had nothing but Hassle from this Person a While ago, they followed me around The Forum doing their Level Best to Wind me up.
I also used to Smoke, started when I was 15 but wasn't a heavy Smoker, found it easy enough to give up nearly 20 Years ago. I never Smoked in anyones Home unless it was my Friends who was also a Smoker. I would ask anyone who wanted a Smoke at my Place to go out to the Back Door for it, No ones ever taken Offence and I really see no reason why they should.
My Laird is not a Smoker, never has been.
I also wouldn't let anyone light up in my Car.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2013, 05:42 PM

There you go again - filthy habit? Yes, you don't like smoking and I can completely understand people having such a view, but to insult the person by referring to it as you did is just childish.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 07:51 AM

I have no more to say on this topic.
I doubt that, you always seem to want the last word on any subject.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 08:09 AM

I encourage the neighbours to come and smoke in my lounge, it saves me the trouble of having to emulsion the walls and ceiling, it's a lovely shade of magnolia.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 08:33 AM

OH and I smoked for years until he was taken ill ( not smoke related)and he gave up as a result of being in hospital for 3 mnths, I kept smoking altho' to cut down I only smoked outside but I made the outdoor area as comfortable as possible with table, comfy chairs etc ,even a telly so that visitors who smoke will feel welcome and I still enjoy a few fags a day, too expensive nowadays, lol and to add to my evil ways, i like to have a glass or two each night after tea, never been ill, just the occasional cold etc. imo you either get sick or you don't. i have a dog who lives inside and a cat, if anyone dared to complain that my home smelled I'd just tell them not to bother coming back, I don't run around the house with aerosols and bleach to cover up the signs that it's actually lived in.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 11:11 AM

There is no risk-free level of contact with secondhand smoke;
even brief exposure can be harmful to health

This might be a good time to post some Medical Data

http://tinyurl.com/934ushm

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top