Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 04:45 PM

British Gas

Heating failed yesterday (we have a maintenance contract with them ) contacted them about 6pm and they came today and replaced the part (controller/programmer) at 2pm.

Lovely man stayed for a cuppa and made a fuss of the dogs and kids (Grace has friends here today) and left within an hour.

Can't beat that for service
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 04:57 PM

Re: British Gas

Hi Julie, have you got those times right ? If so it must mean he came the next day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Julie, have you got those times right ? If so it must mean he came the next day.
That's what Julie said, Alan ..... contacted yesterday and repaired today
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's what Julie said, Alan ..... contacted yesterday and repaired today
I really must get more sleep !
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Going slightly off subject.
British Gas have a market leading deal (yes, I didn't believe it either) for gas and electric.
I saw it on a few websites and have signed up.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
Going slightly off subject.
British Gas have a market leading deal (yes, I didn't believe it either) for gas and electric.
I saw it on a few websites and have signed up.
I don't suppose you have the actual figures for this deal do you?

My Electric with OVO is now £0.1070 per kWh and the Gas is £0.0294 per kWh until next November, (both less than last year), and that was the best I could get in this area.

I'm all signed-up now but I'd like to know please. stevmk2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 06:01 PM

A central heating maintenance contact may be expensive but in the depths of winter when a unit breaks down and an engineer fixes it within 24 hours at no extra charge then it's worth every penny - I've even had leaky pipework in the loft replaced free of charge .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 06:37 PM

I am not even sure ours has been that expensive we have had the boiler and system under this contract since October 1989, serviced and made safe every year, 3 thermostats, 4 programmers, various boiler bits on several occasions, and they seem to some out quite fast as today proved. We worked out a couple of years ago if we had paid for each visit and part we would have spent about a third more over that period.

So for us it has been a good deal.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Heating failed yesterday (we have a maintenance contract with them ) contacted them about 6pm and they came today and replaced the part (controller/programmer) at 2pm.

Lovely man stayed for a cuppa and made a fuss of the dogs and kids (Grace has friends here today) and left within an hour.

Can't beat that for service
When we lived 'oop norf' we had a British Gas contract and our experience was the same, they do a good deal and all their service guys are polite and courteous which makes a change these days. They sometimes get some bad press but I think most people are very happy with them.

Unfortunately living 'out in the sticks' we don't have gas here. Reference our discussion about 'where to live' (some 2 or 3 years ago) property prices maybe expensive around your way but you do get gas and the contract from British Gas, we don't
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 12:53 AM

QUOTE=stevmk2;743922]I don't suppose you have the actual figures for this deal do you?

My Electric with OVO is now £0.1070 per kWh and the Gas is £0.0294 per kWh until next November, (both less than last year), and that was the best I could get in this area.

I'm all signed-up now but I'd like to know please. stevmk2[/QUOTE]

MoneySavingExpert.com's

Cheap Energy Club
Helping you get no-hassle, constantly cheap gas and electricity

Hurrah! Your energy switch is in progress

Your application to switch your energy supply to British Gas Collective Fix December 2016 is now in process. We reckon you'll be paying £327.44 per year less than if you'd not switched.

If you go onto moneysavingsexperts cheap energy club and enter your usage they will give you the best suppliers.
If you haven't got your usage figures they will estimate going on the type of your house.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top