Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 09:16 PM

You got it wrong Einstein.

It seems that information CAN travel faster than light.
Quantum entanglement is real, a new experiment shows. The new experiment entangled electrons trapped in diamonds separated nearly 1 mile (1.3 km) apart on the campus of Delft University in the Netherlands. A detector in between the two diamonds was used to measure photons released as a result of that entanglement.
See Science news.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 09:24 PM

Re: You got it wrong Einstein.

Indeed.. so in 1000 years from now we will be able to travel instantaneously across the universe.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 10:19 PM

There has to be something faster than light, something that you can’t measure it’s so fast, as it is they can say a certain planet is 50 million light years away, if it can be measured then it’s limited, we just haven’t discovered enough yet, as the Painter says maybe in another 1,000 years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Indeed.. so in 1000 years from now we will be able to travel instantaneously across the universe.

Maybe. That's if we haven't blown it all up by then.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:00 PM

Things like Quantum Entanglement, Dark Matter and Dark Energy are increasingly suggesting that we have not got all the physical laws there are. I would not rule out Hyperspace and Time Travel as we used to see in early Science Fiction but then we went through a phase of thinking we understood everything and SF became either boringly scientifically correct or completely daft Fantasy where you could do anything!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:21 PM

I was keeping up until you said Quantum entanglement ...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I was keeping up until you said Quantum entanglement ...

You had all on keeping up with the Quantum of Solace so my spies tell me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 06:50 PM

Hi

Einstein was wrong, we know that from new observations.

The speed of light in a vacuum is not constant for a start.

Then we now know that for the Universe to exist there must have been a singularity from which it started.

We have also observed particles appearing before they should do.

Interesting times ahead, the next five years could well change our understanding of the nature of things dramatically.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
Things like Quantum Entanglement, Dark Matter and Dark Energy are increasingly suggesting that we have not got all the physical laws there are. I would not rule out Hyperspace and Time Travel as we used to see in early Science Fiction but then we went through a phase of thinking we understood everything and SF became either boringly scientifically correct or completely daft Fantasy where you could do anything!
Spot-on Philip - my argument for a long time to all those saying "you can't change the laws of physics"

Man write them, man could be wrong! stevmk2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top