Join for free
Page 39 of 50 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:53 PM

Re: Staying put.

DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well, I've made my decision at last.
I have been going round in circles trying to decide whether to move, or do some work on my bungalow and stay put.
I have had a look at some other properties, but haven't found anything I want enough to buy, so have reached the conclusion to stay here.
However, this does mean some very disruptive repairs will need to be done, and I'm dreading that part. I'm worried about having builders in my kitchen all day, worried about them letting my dogs get out, and I'm not looking forward to the inevitable noise and dirt. for weeks on end.
I have an architect coming next week to start drawing the plans - so here goes... just hope I don't regret it later.
Insist they bring and use a negative air machine.It will help alot with the dust,it will be noisy but well worth it.And make sure the filters are changed DAILY.Good luck
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:19 PM

Thanks DR, but it's all ground to a halt at the moment because they are monitoring the movement for a few months first. There has got to be 5 tree removals done first as well now. I'll bear it in mind though, and thanks again.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 10:23 AM

We moved from a large cottage with twisty stairs to a smaller (not that small) 1950s built bungalow last year. We have had one problem after another. So far we've had new widows, new doors, and, after many leaks, we've just had a new roof. We also had an old 70s stone fireplace removed and a new modern one put in complete with a gas fire. We've had bad advice all the way along, been ripped off in my opinion, and guess what? Yesterday we had another very small leak from the chimney. My husband is ill with a heart condition, I've got bad knees and all in all I wish we'd stayed where we were. We had a comprehensive home builders report compiled before we bought it which did not highlight any problem with the roof. The laths were rotten and the tiles were thin and brittle. I'd sue the surveyor but he's very ill and has wound up his business!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 10:27 AM

My goodness Annie, I should think you've about had enough gal.
Cheer up, you must have come through the worst now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
We moved from a large cottage with twisty stairs to a smaller (not that small) 1950s built bungalow last year. We have had one problem after another. So far we've had new widows, new doors, an old 70s stone fireplace taken out and a modern one put in complete with a gas fire, and, after many leaks, we've just had a new roof. We've had bad advice all the way along, been ripped off in my opinion, and guess what? Yesterday we had another very small leak from the chimney. My husband is ill with a heart condition, I've got bad knees and all in all I wish we'd stayed where we were. We had a comprehensive home builders report compiled before we bought it which did not highlight any of these problems. I'd sue the surveyor but he's very ill and has wound up his business!
I'd change ya avatar name - could be bringing ya bad luck?
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My goodness Annie, I should think you've about had enough gal.
Cheer up, you've come through the worst now.
I have to keep cheerful for my husband's sake but I'm running out of steam. I feel better for having talked about it on here. Thanks folks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-12-2015, 12:19 AM

My Insurance lot said today that they have received no reply from the neighbours regarding the removal of their trees.
They also said they cannot force the removal, and might just have to reinforce my property instead.

I'm not accepting that. How will that stop the offending roots growing, and the problem recurring in the future? It will also devalue my property.

I have done some reading and discovered that if the owners of the trees KNOW about the damage their trees are causing, and refuse to accept responsibility for the damage, I can sue them for damages.

I really have had enough of all this stress, it's not fair, and I don't know what to do anymore. I've had enough.

Signed: Fed up.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:31 AM

What a palaver. I would have thought that there is SOME way that the removal of the trees can be enforced. Perhaps the insurance letter should be followed up by a solicitor's letter demanding removal of the trees?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:44 AM

Have you taken advice by the CAB Mups ?

Page 39 of 50 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top