Join for free
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 05:44 PM

Re: Theresa May now second most unpopular Tory in Cabinet after support in party collapse

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I think Bruce has made a valid point. Realist posts just as much about Corbyn
Azz I'm afraid this smacks of your Labour bias and that's a real shame.

All you needed to do, before making such a sweeping and totally false statement, was to do a very simple forum search. I've done this before to prove conclusively the facts.

Search for keywords and "threads started by" for a given user and you have the plain facts.

The results are:

"Scumbag nasty" threads started by UJ = 433

"Corbyn" threads started by myself = 110

So, No, Realist does not post just as much about Corbyn.

The permitting of a poster to create multiple threads on the same topic is clearly bad for the forum. Changing the words in the thread title makes no difference. Threads about the unpopularity of TM are just that. Wrap them up however you like and they are still threads about the unpopularity of TM.

A forum lives or dies by the actions of it's admin/moderators.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 05:47 PM

Re: Theresa May now second most unpopular Tory in Cabinet after support in party collapse

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Please do enlighten us!

If Realist's actions tantamount to abusing his membership here I'd like to know about it.
Simply copying Joe's thread posting style for in order to provide a balance.
So Joe posts anti-tory and Realist posts anti-labour.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Simply copying Joe's thread posting style for in order to provide a balance.
So Joe posts anti-tory and Realist posts anti-labour.
Hi

I agree with that assessment.

Fair is fair.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

The permitting of a poster to create multiple threads on the same topic is clearly bad for the forum. Changing the words in the thread title makes no difference. Threads about the unpopularity of TM are just that. Wrap them up however you like and they are still threads about the unpopularity of TM.

A forum lives or dies by the actions of it's admin/moderators.
It's no more the same topic than your anti-Corbyn threads.

So long as UJ posts to news articles that are not the exact same story, and his titles provide an indication of what to expect in the thread then he should be allowed to post just like you and everyone else is allowed to.

So to reiterate:

- Threads should not be duplicated for the exact same story
- Thread titles should provide an indication (or short summary) of what a user might expect to find in the thread.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 09:58 PM

With that said I have changed the title of this thread to reflect the article it was posted with (and have closed it because it now contains a mish mash of different topics).

UJ, feel free to post threads about separate articles, however please make sure your title provides a description or indication of what a user might find in the article/thread that you are posting.

Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top