Join for free
Page 129 of 259 « First < 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 > Last »
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Re: Coronation Street

Yes, Leia, but they did not have a Registrar present, so under GB law, they are not married.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 11:20 AM

Phelan story line = how much longer can the script writers drag this boring story line out = yawn yawn yawn yawn.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 01:31 PM

I cannot watch anymore, have lost interest.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 03:26 PM

I think the problem with Corrie (and other soaps) is that they keep increasing the number of weekly episodes, which forces writers to keep coming up with more characters and more extended, tangled plot lines to fill the airtime and produce a cliffhanger ending for each episode.

I used to enjoy watching Corrie when only two episodes a week were screened. When they extended it to 3, I thought they were pushing it a bit - when it increased to 5 (and now 6) I noticed a marked drop in standard of script quality, plot and character believability, as they scraped the barrel for ideas.
In addition, whilst I used to enjoy watching it for half an hour, twice a week, I think the current scheduling of two split half hours, three times a week is too time consuming to watch all the episodes.
I still watch it if I'm at home and not busy - and the plots move so slowly, it's easy to catch up if you only see one episode a week!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Phelan story line = how much longer can the script writers drag this boring story line out = yawn yawn yawn yawn.
And .. what's with the living captive bodies in the basement? The believability of this one escapes me.
Is he going to be stuffing them in there like Room 101.

First Andy .. and soon Daniel? Who next?
Must be costing Phelan a bomb in food. At this rate He'll need to get a cheaper deal with the nearest fast food delivery outlet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:48 PM

I must admit Mort, I also think the captive Andy has gone on long enough now.
Has Phelan kidnapped Daniel as well now then? I missed a coupel of episodes.

Why is Daniel down there in the first place, anyway?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 11:19 AM

There are so many unanswered questions in how Phelan could possibly keep a person chained up in a cellar, and how Adam and Todd could possibly earn a living out of their partnership running a bent solicitors office, how are the girls from the factory surviving now they're out of work, and why do I rush to wash the pots on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings so I can sit down and watch it........God only knows....One of me favourite Beachboys songs by the way....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There are so many unanswered questions in how Phelan could possibly keep a person chained up in a cellar, and how Adam and Todd could possibly earn a living out of their partnership running a bent solicitors office, how are the girls from the factory surviving now they're out of work, and why do I rush to wash the pots on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings so I can sit down and watch it........God only knows....One of me favourite Beachboys songs by the way....
I don't mind watching those storylines.

However, the ones I find boring are the 'pointless padding', the 'obligatory PC content' and, most of all, the two puffs kissing each other at every opportunity.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I must admit Mort, I also think the captive Andy has gone on long enough now.
Has Phelan kidnapped Daniel as well now then? I missed a coupel of episodes.

Why is Daniel down there in the first place, anyway?
He's still running lose on borrowed time as yet Mups.
But Phelan has his evil eye on him as he's a journalist/come waiter ... snooping about over that dodgy building scam.

Phelan is threatening the little old mother of his accomplice who legged it too.
Doubtless soon we'll see him kidnapping her and taking her to the basement too ... probably a sterling idea. Andy looks badly in need of a good housekeeper and maternal figure in his desperate life.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
He's still running lose on borrowed time as yet Mups.
But Phelan has his evil eye on him as he's a journalist/come waiter ... snooping about over that dodgy building scam.

Phelan is threatening the little old mother of his accomplice who legged it too.
Doubtless soon we'll see him kidnapping her and taking her to the basement too ... probably a sterling idea. Andy looks badly in need of a good housekeeper and maternal figure in his desperate life.

Sorry Mort, I meant why is Andy down there in the first place, not Daniel.
It has gone on so long, I've forgotten why he is there.

Page 129 of 259 « First < 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top