Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Re: Are You Proud Of Your Roots?

No, never ashamed of my roots. I had a lovely & happy childhood, Parents who nurtured me & a younger brother, who was sometimes a pain, but we get on fine now, no complains at all. I was very lucky.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, I think, l might have referred to hair roots as re-growth?
That could mean stubble
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 05:04 PM

I'm very proud of my roots. My first twelve years were spent in an area notorious for poverty. We were not poor, but were tarred with the same brush as everyone else. We had a happy childhood and great parents. I've lived in the same town since birth and it has beautiful architecture and an Abbey we are exceptionally proud of. My family are very working class. No pinkies getting lifted whilst drinking from china cups
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 06:17 PM

Never even think of them, not in terms of any reflection upon myself .. I'm me.

Not so be confused with doing family research to find out who they were.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Cannot understand how anyone can be proud of (or otherwise) of something over which they have no control. Can be proud of any achievements they have made, whatever they are - but to talk about being 'proud' of anything to do with ancestors is just daft to me. Anyway, if we all go far enough back, we all came out of Africa!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 07:53 PM

Yep Very. I'm a true daughter of the Jacobites and feel as strongly about Scotland as they did..

DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 08:19 PM

I am proud of coming from a working class part of Newcastle where they still built amazing ships when I was still growing up there, before that it was a mining area.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 08:24 PM

Definitely proud of my roots. I've already mentioned on here how my lovely Irish Dad broke the locks on a slummy one up, one down tiny house that was being used to hold tools for a business, along with 3 others in the street, other families did the same with other storage places and moved in, (seven of us in ours).
When the last of my 6 brothers was born, the council house building boom was taking place and mum and dad were so thankful to be given a 3-bedroom council house with huge garden, It got us out of the slum dwelling.

I don't mean to offend current council house tenants but back then council house occupants treated their homes with the utmost respect, Respectable families who looked after the inside, gardens and hedges. Families were proud of their homes.

My six siblings and I ended up owning our own homes but I have never once been ashamed of the humbling beginnings I had.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That could mean stubble
What? Be proud of your stubble?

Yes, Annie..... nice one!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What? Be proud of your stubble?

Yes, Annie..... nice one!
The male members would have been bouncing around in a testosterone-fueled frenzy at such a thread title

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top