Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 09:54 PM

Re: Have you ever been lonely?

often feel lonely, I long for someone to put their arms round me,but I dont have anyone to turn to for help/advice.My son lives with me but he has physical health problems and suffers from depression and never thinks to do things,and spends most of his time in his own room When I have to go to hospital he never comesI have to put out the rubbish and put the bins out each week, I dont hear very well and need him to listen to a message on my phone but he hates me asking him for help..my friends say get him to do things, but you cant make someone do something if they dont want to
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
often feel lonely, I long for someone to put their arms round me,but I dont have anyone to turn to for help/advice.My son lives with me but he has physical health problems and suffers from depression and never thinks to do things,and spends most of his time in his own room When I have to go to hospital he never comesI have to put out the rubbish and put the bins out each week, I dont hear very well and need him to listen to a message on my phone but he hates me asking him for help..my friends say get him to do things, but you cant make someone do something if they dont want to
That post broke my heart.
There is no easy solution to your problem.
At least you have friends. I hope your situation improves.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Nom - thank you for your post #25 giving us the information on the voting record of the so-called Minister for Loneliness. With such as her in charge, we might all just us well give up!!
I can remember sometime ago, a professor of Geriatrics being asked what one single thing would assist the elderly, and he said that the extension of the excellent London Freedom Pass scheme throughout the UK. Meaning that people can get out without having to worry about the cost. Must say, I am extremely appreciative of this and when I last moved, (still then working and not using this pass overmuch, but aware that I was getting older), I was careful NOT to move out of a London borough so as to keep my entitlement. Now I do use it very much.
I have lived by myself for many years, mostly enjoy the freedom it gives to me - eating what I like, when I like, watching tv/radio as and when, etc. etc. Only very, very occasionally do I feel lonely, and this is usually if I am feeling unwell and would love someone to come along and make me something to eat and drink.
Time I can remember feeling really lonely was many years back when I spent four days as an official in a sporting event, staying at the officials hotel. Unfortunately, there was a lot of bad feeling in that sport and much politics and I was on a different 'side' to most of the other officials there. I was so bitterly lonely. Can remember getting home at the end of it, and bursting into tears on the shoulders of the daughter who opened the door, saying I have never, ever felt so lonely.
Like CeeCee, I have had to give up most of the volunteer work I did due to my own ill health and mobility problems. However, I do try to find something each day to work my day around, whether out or indoors. I am fortunate that I keep in touch with all my children, although due to the fact that most live a good way from me, I can see them rarely. Have one daughter living close by and I am very careful not to inflict myself on her too much as she has a highly stressful job, and a busy life as a single mother.
Not sure how any of us can start to tackle this problem, families are increasingly split up and people live much longer and communities do not really exist.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 12:12 PM

Thank-you for your post, Franbern.
This thread is certainly highlighting my concerns.
When I first moved to my area, there were quite a few day centre's for seniors, there was also free transport for people.
They have all been closed!
Those places were a lifeline for so many.
But, there has also been a tremendous influx of refugees, and I suppose they took priority.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Our minister for loneliness.

Hmmmm - a typical scumbag 'nasty party' member Nom matey.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmmm - a typical scumbag 'nasty party' member Nom matey.
Oiy you it's Friday - Be happy and not lonely
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 01:14 PM

I have felt lonely on occasions, but not often and certainly not all the time.

It suspect it might be a very different story if I hadn't got my dogs for company though, so I'm lucky.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-01-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have felt lonely on occasions, but not often and certainly not all the time.

It suspect it might be a very different story if I hadn't got my dogs for company though, so I'm lucky.
I have read that on this thread. I love animals, and I will admit that I talk to them. They give affection back
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by sweetie pie ->
oiy you it's friday - be happy and not lonely
Jolly-o!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-02-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Jolly-o!
I forgot about this thread

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top