Join for free
Page 22 of 35 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 04:20 PM

Re: tom daley and husband

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
I cannot get my mind round how you liberals pussyfoot around the core issue.

It takes two people to make a baby, a man and a woman and it's in the natural order of things that the man and the woman raise the child. How can any child bond with the 'mother' and her femininity if its got a hairy chest and dangly bits or a 'father' and his masculinity if he's got a pair of breasts.

With a heterosexual couple the child will have been created through their union which will be their legacy to mankind - a natural progression.

It's both wrong and obscene, in my view, that a gay couple get a child as a fashion statement; a view that will take an extremely powerful argument to alter.
So you'd take kids away from single parents too just because they aren't in a nuclear family two opposite sex parents ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Forgive me for using animal comparisons again, but isn't it a bit like breeding more puppies when there are so many needy ones waiting for adoption already?

If people are so desperate for a family, why not do a good deed and take on a homess baby instead of using a surrogate?
There aren't any homeless babies Mups.
Very few babies are given up for adoption .
As Julie has said older children are available but these are so often damaged either psychologically or have some disability .
Not everyone is able to take on such a task .
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:06 PM

People make statements without even starting to check the facts. The way it is these days. There is an incredible shortage of babies available for adoption. Ask any would-be adopters!!!
There are very many children in care (most of these are not available for adoption), and fostering is not something that should be foisted on anyone - it is totally different to adopting a youngster.
There are very many children I feel desperately sorry for, some of these actually live with one or both parents - however the very beloved and sought after baby surrogated for anyone unable to produce their own baby (like gays), do not get included in that list.
To deride the idea that any child produced or helped by advances in medical technology is wrong, would mean that so many babies and children living happy, healthy lives now would not be doing that.
I hope that this coming baby is going to continue to be loved and treasured by its two dads, I am sure that it is.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So you'd take kids away from single parents too just because they aren't in a nuclear family two opposite sex parents ?
That is a very poor argument and a far cry from two people of the same sex parading a child to show how liberal they are.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
There aren't any homeless babies Mups.
Very few babies are given up for adoption .
As Julie has said older children are available but these are so often damaged either psychologically or have some disability .
Not everyone is able to take on such a task .

Oh, OK Muddy, my apologies.
From this article it does seem they are mostly over 2 years old:-

How many adoptions are there in the UK each year?

In 2014, the Department of Education revealed that the numbers of adoptions in the UK had increased by 63 per cent in the previous three years, from 3,100 in 2011 to 5,050 in 2014.

According to the Adoption Register for April 2016 to March 2017, 72 per cent of the children waiting to be adopted were two years or older.

Around 64 per cent of the kids were in siblings groups of two or more, and over half (56 per cent) were boys.

Around 72 per cent of the kids on the Adoption Register for England in that time were white, with 28 per cent being black minority ethnic children.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
That is a very poor argument and a far cry from two people of the same sex parading a child to show how liberal they are.
It's only a poor argument and a far cry if what you actually object to is they are gay.

If that's it just own it. Many people do think that way it's getting less and will die out eventually.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-02-2018, 05:22 PM

In 2014, the Department of Education revealed that the numbers of adoptions in the UK had increased by 63 per cent in the previous three years, from 3,100 in 2011 to 5,050 in 2014.

According to the Adoption Register for April 2016 to March 2017, 72 per cent of the children waiting to be adopted were two years or older.

Around 64 per cent of the kids were in siblings groups of two or more, and over half (56 per cent) were boys.

Around 72 per cent of the kids on the Adoption Register for England in that time were white, with 28 per cent being black minority ethnic children.
You also have to realise many of them are in homes already mups, Grace is in that number but never at anytime was out for just anyone to adopt, I know many other kids get adopted by new partners of the lone parent they've been born to as well.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's only a poor argument and a far cry if what you actually object to is they are gay.

If that's it just own it. Many people do think that way it's getting less and will die out eventually.
I wondered when this little gem would raise it's ugly little head. As for dying out, there are many younger people I know who feel just as uncomfortable as I do over this issue.

I have no objection to gays at all. Their lifestyle is their business - in fact my brother was gay.

What I object to is the fact that a gay couple are, by the very nature of their gender, at a disadvantage when raising children compared to a heterosexual couple, yet society, being politically correct, is pushing for such integration after the severe lobbying from the gay quarter we have seen of late.

No matter which way you cut this particular cake you can't get away from the fact that the mix of gender, when raising children, is important for the well balanced growth of the child.

Surely you can see that - or are you so blinded by political correctness you refuse to see.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 05:46 PM

But the puppy comparison is apt in a way Mups.
People do like puppies and babies because they are ones own a blank slate to train /mold /rear as ones own.
Older children and dogs come unfortunately with baggage .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 06:07 PM

Why are we getting bogged down with adopted kids?

There are kids from broken homes ... kids who are adopted ...kids who adapt to having a step parent... or are brought up by one parent. Bit of a lottery which works for some and not others. That's life.

Fact is society can view these as less than ideal but still a chance to give a kid the chance of a good, loving home and stable upbringing.
I'm sure two chaps together have the kindest and most loving intentions .... but I still maintain ..... lack the counter- balance of a pair of feminine and masculine adults to guide and bring up kids.

Worse is the chap who breastfed , mentioned earlier in the thread.
It was a chap wasn't it who hadn't quite yet become a woman? Hadn't had the surgery yet so is still a man? But his partner is a woman who chose not to breastfeed though he fancied the job.
So in effect he is still a man attracted to a woman... even though he feels more comfortable in a woman's skin. Does that make him a lesbian eventually or still the heterosexual he original was.
And kids are expected to get their head around this?

And classifying everyone as gender neutral surely sounds a contradiction .. as it is transgenders themselves who say .. I don't want to look like a man as I'm a woman.

And hello .. all you LGBT folk fighting for your rights ... I'm a woman who insists on labelling herself as a woman.
Born, bred and bedded.. as a woman.

Page 22 of 35 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top