Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:33 AM

Are You Proud Of Your Roots?

Are you proud of your roots or ashamed of them?

Have you ever hidden where you’ve come from because you have risen up and feel embarrassed that you will be thought less of?

Or, are you quite honest about where you’ve come from and tell it, as it is?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:38 AM

Re: Are You Proud Of Your Roots?

I thought this was going to be about hair roots
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I thought this was going to be about hair roots

Mags, Ha!! l would’ve put hair roots in the beauty section!

This is Kunta Kinte type Roots!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:43 AM

Nope, I'm common as muck . .. a bag of chips girl ... always have been always will be.
And while you're on the bottom rung of the ladder you can only go up. .. unless, of course, the bottom rung snaps under you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:43 AM

I would never feel ashamed of my upbringing.

My 'roots' were certainly not posh, wealthy or priviledged, but anyone can find people worse off, or better off, than they were.
It is beyond our control where we came from, after all.

I know I was loved, and that's what's important.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2017, 12:47 AM

Morti And Mups, Do you know how far you can go back in your ancestry?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 12:51 AM

I started doing a course on ancestry a year or so back. It was only for 6 weeks though and I would liked to have gone further, but there was no more.

I did make a couple of interesting discoveries though, so am glad I went.
I discovered my grandfather's family all came from Ireland, and I also found out something I wanted to know about an adoption in the family too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 02:51 AM

I had a decent enough upbringing. Dad was a joiner, mum was a dressmaker. I went to a comprehensive school and came out of it with good enough grades to get myself a job and I've been employed ever since.

The thing that has caused me slight annoyance on occasion is the fact that I come from Hull, and I have some reserved 'embarrassment' to the fact. But I am proud of my place of birth though I have largely hidden my accent as I've moved around the country during my lifetime because the dialect and vocal tone of some of the more unintelligent residents is intellectually abysmal.

And those folk who do slag the place off are abviously ignorant to the fact that there are bad and good areas to every single town and city in the world and I will always ask where they are from and find a example of some bad thing that has occurred therein.

So, yes Art, I am proud of my roots
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 06:06 AM

I've had a few good roots in my time. Not so many recently.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 09:26 AM

well I can go back to lizzy the firsts time,
and im a retired hairy arsed bricky,and proud of my working class background.never knew my father,mother was just a mum,it was hard at end of war,but we all pulled through

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top