Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 11:44 PM

Re: Shed a tear over a song

Another sad song is 'The little boy that Santa Claus forgot' by Nat King Cole.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 12:16 AM

That Beatles one that Bette Midler did a great version of "There are places I remember la la la" I forgot the bloody words.
Has I get older that means more and more to me and it could well be a tear jerker when I remember all the family and friends I have lost over the past 10yrs.

In My Life, thats it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:45 AM

I'm with Meg on this one the only song that makes me shed a tear is Mozart's Dove Sono from the Marriage of Figaro. It is so sad and full of longing.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:50 AM

The one song that moves most Australians to near tears is our next National Anthem. It's a wonderful song, it's inclusive and not jingoistic, an ideal National Anthem.

We are one, but we are many,
And from all the lands on earth we come.
We'll share a dream and sing with one voice,
"I am, you are, we are Australian"
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 06:00 AM

Have a listen to the words to this:
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Have a listen to the words to this:
Ay aye lovely wording and tune puts me in mind of them old Hovis ads of the 70's.

marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 10:38 AM

https://youtu.be/4O_YMLDvvnw

This song brings a lump to my throat whenever I hear it

https://youtu.be/vGwIaL0jOUg
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 11:48 AM

marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 12:24 PM

I remember going to watch this movie at the cinema ( I enjoy jamming along to proclaimers and a friend dragged me along to see the movie) ..... wasn't at all what I expected ..... everyone was singing along throughout the movie ....... brilliant film

https://youtu.be/jaVz5QodZv4

https://youtu.be/_YVZmyTfqco
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Easy one...one of my twin daughters was travelling all over America that summer of 2005 and was in New Orleans when hurricane Katrina was forecast.
Luckily they had booked their coach out the day before it was due to strike.
Unfortunately there were no drivers that day when the youngsters turned up for their coach - they'd all buggered off out as indeed had most of the inhabitants of New Orleans who could afford to.

So they were instructed to head pdq to the Superdome where they would find shelter.

But we lost contact at that point and had absolutely no way if knowing whether they'd made it safely there or not. Some of you may remember the horrific stories that came out of New Orleans and the Superdome during that long week.
We were frantic for news, we heard nothing for ten days, the TV was on day and night for news.
Stay with me, I'm getting to the point!

Then suddenly after the August Bank Holiday weekend there she was on Skype safe and sound with absolutely no idea that we'd heard nothing! It was horrendous and dangerous in there but the US marines had kept them safe...anyway, Coldplay's 'Fix You' was being played all the time back then...and what do you think my girl heard being played over the sound system when she finally walked through Heathrow heading for home?

"Lights will guide you home...and ignite your bones...and I will try to fix you" ...and I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my silly face as I remember!
Yes, lump in throat Glad all ended well

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top