Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 07:11 AM

Re: Second Referendum on Brexit ?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Carney isn't meant to be neutral about finances. He's extremely intelligent, experienced and impressively qualified. He has nothing to gain from speaking his mind, next year he's leaving the position anyway. He's not a clown. He is an intellectual heavyweight and far brainier than most of our politcos.
Carney might bea steady hand at the tiller of UK Government finances but his crystal ball skills aren't so great as he predicted financial meltdown immediately after the referendum should the UK vote Leave..

He's also not very good at keeping an eye on his own spending as his Bank of England expenses were £300,000 over two years recently.

His personal opinions on Brexit mean nothing to the millions of working class people on the edge of British society who have lost out under the EU and he should keep his opinions to himself.

All he has to do is his job and keep his ego in check.

As for a second 'Leave /Stay ' referendum....No, Dumb idea from Dumb people.

As for a so called 'Peoples' referendum on whether the deal agreed ( if one ever is) is acceptable......No, Dumb idea from Dumb people.

If we, 'The People' vote against the agreed deal in our 'People's Vote' we would go out with no deal and there are very few who thinks hat's a step forward.

The Remain camp seem awfy confused about what to do with themselves. Their default position of weeping and wailing and spouting abuse and vitriol has become tedious.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
' Rabid Brexiteers '

I see you have completely given up your earlier pretence of being a Leave supporter.

You make a lot of 'statements' on this forum.

How about a 'statement' admitting you never supported Leave and have been duplicitous this whole time?
Hi

The vote was to leave.

Switzerland is not in the EU, it is a very wealthy Country and does well out of it's relationship with the EU.

That was my preferred option for leaving.

My second option for leaving was a simple WTO Free Trade Deal, out of the Single Market, out of the Customs Union, no more payments to the EU.

It does however mean the abolition of most Tariffs, good enough for the likes of Japan and Canada and others.

There is no sense in the mantra No Deal is better than a bad deal.

A WTO Free Trade deal, which we have been offered is not a bad deal.

Those who threaten a No Deal are my definition of Rabid Brexiteers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
As for a so called 'Peoples' referendum on whether the deal agreed ( if one ever is) is acceptable......No, Dumb idea from Dumb people.

If we, 'The People' vote against the agreed deal in our 'People's Vote' we would go out with no deal and there are very few who thinks hat's a step forward.
I don't know about Scotland, but here in England most people are not of that opinion and think we should just walk away now.

We already trade efficiently with the rest of the world under WTO regulations, and many countries can't wait for us to leave so that we can agree mutually beneficial trade deals.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Those who threaten a No Deal are my definition of Rabid Brexiteers.
I'm a 'rabid Brexiteer' and I'm far from being alone.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hi

I am well aware of that.

What I do not know is how you work out that No Deal is better than the deals some of the most successful economies in the World have signed with the EU.

I remain to be convinced that you are financially more astute than the Finance Ministers of Canada, Japan and South Korea amongst others.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Carney isn't meant to be neutral about finances. He's extremely intelligent, experienced and impressively qualified. He has nothing to gain from speaking his mind, next year he's leaving the position anyway. He's not a clown. He is an intellectual heavyweight and far brainier than most of our politcos.
As a confirmed Remain supporter, he is quite adept at shooting his big mouth off though just when he knows it will have the marked effect on our economy he seeks, and a huge smile from the EU Commission members.

I don't care about Mark Carney, he will be yesterday's man when he leaves within 12 months time. What I do care about is the role of the Governor of the Bank of England and the fact that anyone in that role has always followed the golden rule of staying neutral in politics. Now, from his last well publicised and unwelcome, interfering statement regarding Brexit, he obviously thinks nothing of once again, breaking the tradition of never commenting on politics by mentioning Brexit again, He knew by doing so, by simply talking about the economy after Brexit, he broke those rules.

The sooner this useless Canadian swans back home, the better.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If the cap fits!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-08-2018, 04:23 PM

Hi

I see no point in a second referendum at the present time.

We will not know what Brexit will be like until we have been out for a few years, it is all supposition at the moment.

If it all goes horribly wrong then it would be time for another, definitely not now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-08-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am well aware of that.

What I do not know is how you work out that No Deal is better than the deals some of the most successful economies in the World have signed with the EU.

I remain to be convinced that you are financially more astute than the Finance Ministers of Canada, Japan and South Korea amongst others.
Finance comes second after sovereignty.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-08-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
as a confirmed remain supporter, he is quite adept at shooting his big mouth off though just when he knows it will have the marked effect on our economy he seeks, and a huge smile from the eu commission members.

I don't care about mark carney, he will be yesterday's man when he leaves within 12 months time. What i do care about is the role of the governor of the bank of england and the fact that anyone in that role has always followed the golden rule of staying neutral in politics. Now, from his last well publicised and unwelcome, interfering statement regarding brexit, he obviously thinks nothing of once again, breaking the tradition of never commenting on politics by mentioning brexit again, he knew by doing so, by simply talking about the economy after brexit, he broke those rules.

The sooner this useless canadian swans back home, the better.

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top