Join for free
Page 71 of 255 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 10:31 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Originally Posted by mariana ->
Well done--you must be really proud of yourself xx
I am, actually, but at the same time disappointed in myself that I let myself gain back all the weight I lost several years ago and I'm having to try and lose it again. I actually maintained for a few years because I kept up with my good eating habits. But then I started getting careless and the more weight I put on, the less I cared.

Funny thing, that. You see the weight going back on and you develop this "all or nothing" attitude and pretty soon you've simply lost control, so you stop caring.

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I sometimes have scrambled egg as a main meal--but thats all-no bacon or stuff-I just do not buy it. Used to when i was feeding someone else, but stopped all that now. I just buy exactly what i want for myself. plus dogfood Lol
Gotta have that dog food

I love bacon. I refuse to stop eating it, although I don't have it very often.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 11:04 PM

i find it very difficult to digest bacon---or any meat for thst matter, which is e=why i avoid it most of the time--probably an "age" thing--everything else seems to be.

Actually--I have just changed my dog Chloes diet, as she is still not well--so now trying a more "natural" dry food for her--it just looks like little round pellets, where the other good was all shaoes sizes and colours, and this new food is twice the price of the ol food, so i really hope it will work. But she loves it. she still on antibiotics.--which she spits out--they are very bitter. takes at least 3 attempts to get it down her--a little yoghurt usualy works. !
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 11:14 PM

Well, if you can't digest it well, then it's best to stay away, I agree.

Usually when I have to give my dogs pills, I'll wrap it up into a small piece of cheese or a dab of peanut butter. Peanut butter is sticky and it's hard for them to spit the pill back out because they're too busy mouthing at the peanut butter and eventually just swallow the pill with it. Another thing I do sometimes is crush the pill and add it to their food. For those special times, I'll give them a small amount of canned food, which the crushed pill is disguised into. Or I'll add hot water to dry food and let it sit for a bit, softening the food some and adding enough water that once the food is softened, I can stir the crushed pill around in the liquid.

If all else fails, take the pill and push it into their mouth as far back as you can get it, then hold their snout closed so they have no choice but to swallow it. But I normally have good success with the other things I mentioned.

If pills are a problem for your dog, you could ask your vet if they can possibly give the medication to you in liquid form and just squeeze it into her mouth with a dropper.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:51 AM

We only have fry-up once a fortnight.

Today we are being treated to an Indian, so I am having:-

Chicken Tikka (starter)
1/4 of Rice
1/2 Dry Vegetable Curry
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Well, if you can't digest it well, then it's best to stay away, I agree.

Usually when I have to give my dogs pills, I'll wrap it up into a small piece of cheese or a dab of peanut butter. Peanut butter is sticky and it's hard for them to spit the pill back out because they're too busy mouthing at the peanut butter and eventually just swallow the pill with it. Another thing I do sometimes is crush the pill and add it to their food. For those special times, I'll give them a small amount of canned food, which the crushed pill is disguised into. Or I'll add hot water to dry food and let it sit for a bit, softening the food some and adding enough water that once the food is softened, I can stir the crushed pill around in the liquid.

If all else fails, take the pill and push it into their mouth as far back as you can get it, then hold their snout closed so they have no choice but to swallow it. But I normally have good success with the other things I mentioned.

If pills are a problem for your dog, you could ask your vet if they can possibly give the medication to you in liquid form and just squeeze it into her mouth with a dropper.
Thanks Linda--yes ive tried all those--well not peanut butter as I do not buy it--the only way now seems to be with a little youghurt-even then she spits it out somertimes, so I have to force it in her mouth, and hold it tight till the pill is gone-normally she is ok with pills and stuff-but as I said these are very bitter, just hope they work !! Another week to go !
mariana
Kent. Uk.

24-07-2016, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We only have fry-up once a fortnight.

Today we are being treated to an Indian, so I am having:-

Chicken Tikka (starter)
1/4 of Rice
1/2 Dry Vegetable Curry
sounds good--enjoy !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 11:07 AM

mmm can't wait Mariana, I will be good tomorrow though with a salad.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

24-07-2016, 12:46 PM

Your curry meal does not sound too disastrous !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

24-07-2016, 05:22 PM

No you're right Mariana, I don't go mad with it, and the chicken is grilled, the worst thing is the veg. curry, and i'm not going to have any supper tonight, I will be good.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

25-07-2016, 10:01 AM

Today is Salmon Salad, got to be good.

Page 71 of 255 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top