Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Re: Do you use the red button function on your TV?

Aren't American systems all very different depending on whether you have cut the cord or not? I don't think there's a system which covers the entire nation like Freeview does here and I'm not saying Freeview is better.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:08 PM

Yes, Ffosse, we have as many systems as we do state and regions. Moving typically requires research and new equipment.

Navigating it a bit like having a someone who speaks Mandarin translate Russian into English.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Yes, Ffosse, we have as many systems as we do state and regions. Moving typically requires research and new equipment.

Navigating it a bit like having a someone who speaks Mandarin translate Russian into English.
So how many channels do you have? I've restricted my favourites list to around 25 - that's still more than I actually need.

I wouldn't go into subscription channels - Freeview is good enough for me given that it's not actually free, us Brits having to pay for a TV licence.

I think Netflix is very good and I keep subscribing to it then unsubscribing when I go through a phase of not watching movies or box sets. I used to do all my video watching on my Mac or iPad but wanted the extra screen estate of a proper TV.

I'm watching France versus Belgium in the World cup tonight and couldn't watch it on any screen smaller than a TV. YouTube (which I also like) is better suited to smaller screens.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:04 AM

I always use the red button when I'm watching the tennis, it's very useful for choosing the game you want to watch...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks, I've tried it out now and it's allowing me to choose amongst a number of games at Wimbledon.

Maybe the BBC aren't so bad after all.

BTW I got out my John Lewis chrome and cream fan and it's purring away beside me. Having something similar in hospital would have been great.
You obviously found the escape tunnel - well done - I hope this means you are feeling better.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-07-2018, 10:26 AM

I'm certainly feeling better today - had a 10 hour sleep last night.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top