Join for free
Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 12:38 PM

Re: Second Referendum on Brexit ?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
They can boycott all they like, if a second referendum is called & they boycott instead of voting leave , they will be at fault when the remainers win

The government never thought a "leave" vote would win , and since it did, they and many others have been trying to stop it..... so how much effect will people marching on Parliament have.......after all they will claim it is a democratic vote & those who didn't vote have no right to complain, just as we did!
Exactly why I, and all other leavers, should definitely vote.

I don't agree with a second (or third or fourth) referendum, as the one we had was promised to be the one and only and legally binding.

The remainiacs have been trying all the underhand tricks they can think of, and our refusing to vote on principle would only give them what they want.

We must never give in to their despicable tricks.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:03 PM

Sounds like the Remainers wanting to carry out standard EU policy of 'keep on voting till we get the results we like'.

If we have a second referendum for confirmation then logically we would then have to have a third referendum; then a fourth, and so on, which is clearly an absurd position

Besides, there is no need for any more referendums as the Government and leading politicians made it quite clear that the one held in June 2016 would be taken as a definitive result

" the Government will implement what you decide" - Government EU Referendum Leaflet

"If we vote out that's it; It is irreversible" - David Cameron 21/06/16

"I will forgive no-one who does not respect the sovereighn voice of the British people once it has spoken, whether it is a majority of 1% or 20%
When British people have spoken you do what they command.
Either you believe in democracy or you don't". - Paddy Ashdown 23/06/16

Of course that was when the Establishment thought the result would be to remain. Since then they have been squirming and turning verbal somersaults in order to reverse both the Referendum result and their statements
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Sounds like the Remainers wanting to carry out standard EU policy of 'keep on voting till we get the results we like'.

If we have a second referendum for confirmation then logically we would then have to have a third referendum; then a fourth, and so on, which is clearly an absurd position

Besides, there is no need for any more referendums as the Government and leading politicians made it quite clear that the one held in June 2016 would be taken as a definitive result

" the Government will implement what you decide" - Government EU Referendum Leaflet

"If we vote out that's it; It is irreversible" - David Cameron 21/06/16

"I will forgive no-one who does not respect the sovereighn voice of the British people once it has spoken, whether it is a majority of 1% or 20%
When British people have spoken you do what they command.
Either you believe in democracy or you don't". - Paddy Ashdown 23/06/16

Of course that was when the Establishment thought the result would be to remain. Since then they have been squirming and turning verbal somersaults in order to reverse both the Referendum result and their statements
Agreed.

I wonder whether next year will be the end of democracy in this country.

Theresa the Appeaser will certainly ensure her place in history, but for all the wrong reasons. Stupid woman, both incompetent and corrupt.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Hi

The leave vote was a kicking for the Political Elite, they needed it.

Unfortunately they have taken no notice.

They need another kicking.

I would like another Referendum, not on Brexit mind.

I would like a Referendum on the overseas aid budget.

Much better seriously reduced and the money spent here.

They would lose that big time.

I am not inhumane, I do not want it abolished, but it should be what it was meant for, Humanitarian, short term aid in response to Natural Disasters.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:26 PM

"Theresa the Appeaser".
I like that. She is selling us down the river IMO.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
"Theresa the Appeaser".
I like that. She is selling us down the river IMO.
Hi

I simply do not get that.

We voted leave, the Government decided that meant out of the Single Market, the Customs Union and the ECJ.

No Norway or Swiss Deals.

That means a simple WTO Free Trade Agreement.

That was the only thing on offer.

Having set our Red Lines that was all we were ever going to get.

Japan, Canada and South Korea have all agreed it, it has many advantages.

We have pratted about for two years and ended up paying the EU £19 Billion for a 2 year Transition which we would have avoided with a bit of commonsense.

Boris and JRM can huff and puff all they want, but that was the only deal on the table.

I personally wanted a Swiss Deal.

The Swiss are no idiots, have a very high standard of living and even their trains run on time.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:27 PM

I can see bloodshed happening if betrayal is allowed to happen.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 05:39 PM

I think the 22nd August would be a good day to start the blood shed 376 years since the last civil war

Lets see who really want to remain or leave
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
I think the 22nd August would be a good day to start the blood shed 376 years since the last civil war

Lets see who really want to remain or leave
Well, the Americans fought for their independence. Why shouldn't we?

With May's decimation of both the police and the armed forces, it doesn't seem too difficult a task!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, I am being realistic.
Please don't be Realistic, you'll end up wearing a tin foil beanie and worshipping David "Avocado" Wolfe. It's not a good look, trust me.

Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top