Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 08:33 PM

Train ride

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:09 PM

Re: Train ride

A miniature railway! That looks good fun
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:18 PM

It's only little

Occasionally, late OH and I would have a day out and go to Hampshire.

When I embarked on my family history, I was hoping to locate a cottage in a pic/postcard which was sent to gt gran's sis in law, who lived in Four Marks, near Alton.

Never found the cottage but we were delighted and amazed to discover the Puff Puffs

Watercress Line ... serious GOOD !
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:26 PM

Fantastic !!!!

I love travelling by train and always try to take the opportunity of a steam or diesel train ride when I'm away ... I'm going to Whitby this weekend and plan to have a trip on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway from Goathland to Whitby
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:43 PM

I love the steam trains too. For me they're very romantic as I met my hubby on one. On the 50th anniversary of that day we met, we took a trip on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway from Pickering to Whitby, a great day out and very nostalgic.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 07:01 AM

I've been on it a few times as a kid largely because I lived nearby but while I like steam engines (I worked on them for 30 years) I prefer the full size version.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:48 PM

We have another 'preservation society' steam railway in East Sussex (apart from the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch) - the 'Bluebell line'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebell_Railway
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
We have another 'preservation society' steam railway in East Sussex (apart from the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch) - the 'Bluebell line'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebell_Railway
Joe me old pal , me old beauty...

The Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch railway is in Kent not Sussex.

As it happens an old colleague of mine from my days working in PO Telephones Radio Branch is a volunteer on the Bluebell line.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Joe me old pal , me old beauty...

The Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch railway is in Kent not Sussex.

As it happens an old colleague of mine from my days working in PO Telephones Radio Branch is a volunteer on the Bluebell line.

thats great , anything to do with going on trains
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

22-10-2016, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
thats great , anything to do with going on trains
Yes, The Bluebell Line is a railway as is the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway and railways have trains running on them. Get it now?

Hope that helps.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top