Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 06:06 PM

Re: Short term memory loss.

For sure the brain stores it all-it`s access that becomes the problem. I blame it on my synapses,neurotransmitters and something else I just forget. And yes I have performed brain surgery.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
For sure the brain stores it all-it`s access that becomes the problem. I blame it on my synapses,neurotransmitters and something else I just forget.
Are your synapses mis-firing?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
The human brain consists of about one billion neurons. Each neuron forms about 1,000 connections to other neurons, amounting to more than a trillion connections. If each neuron could only help store a single memory, running out of space would be a problem. You might have only a few gigabytes of storage space, similar to the space in an iPod or a USB flash drive. Yet neurons combine so that each one helps with many memories at a time, exponentially increasing the brain’s memory storage capacity to something closer to around 2.5 petabytes (or a million gigabytes). For comparison, if your brain worked like a digital video recorder in a television, 2.5 petabytes would be enough to hold three million hours of TV shows. You would have to leave the TV running continuously for more than 300 years to use up all that storage.
Very interesting Pats .... all we need now is a refresh button
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:09 PM

what a good idea!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:24 PM

I'd just like to say, ahh, forget it.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Very interesting Pats .... all we need now is a refresh button
Yes that would do it Mags.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:52 PM

It's good to know I'm not alone forgetting stuff I know I do know but can't bring it to mind.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 12:22 AM

Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 11:22 AM

I think the older we live, then its more likely to happen. It's life. Depression and hormone imbalances can also affect your memory. The thing is not to worry about it too much. The fact YOU are aware of it is a reassuring thing.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

26-11-2014, 02:01 AM

@alice76. "The fact YOU are aware of it is a reassuring thing." Quite right! I guess if it was serious, I wouldn't remember that I was forgetting.

Ya know, you may be on to something there. Depression causing short-term memory loss. Maybe subconsciencely, I walking around in some kind of stupor. In the past five years, my best friend ( my cat of 19 years) died, a year later my Dad died, I've had financial issues, and I started losing my teeth. My boss is a bitch, and every day my old car still runs, its a gift. Lord knows, I can't afford another one. LOL. who knows?

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top