Join for free
Page 20 of 35 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:42 PM

Re: Hair!!!

That's the problem with dying hair, it's horrible growing it out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
That's the problem with dying hair, it's horrible growing it out.

That's one reason I only have hi-lights done - no growing out a colour, no obvious roots to look awful, and a much more natural look all round.
I'd never have a solid colour now.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's one reason I only have hi-lights done - no growing out a colour, no obvious roots to look awful, and a much more natural look all round.
I'd never have a solid colour now.
hello Mups. Can you explain this more please? What colour is your hair naturally and what colour highlights do you have and do you have any grey showing?

I am not really a “hair person” - mine is fairly long and naturally dark brown but now grey coming through. I just twist it up on my head and leave it there. I have never enjoyed fiddling about with hair.

I would appreciate your advice. Thanks
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 08:56 PM

Hello Flowerpower
As I said, I prefer hilights because I couldn't be bothered with worrying about roots and regrowth all the time.

These pictures here show sort of what I mean, but the choice and freedom of colour is up to the individual.

http://www.instyle.com/hair/gorgeous...any-hair-color

You can have nice subtle hilights added, or something of a complete contrast if you feel more adventurous. Likewise you could just have some in a fringe, or dotted here and there at random, or lots of fine ones all over the whole head, it's just personal choice really.
You can also choose to have fine, whispy ones, or much thicker bolder 'stripes.' The choices are endless.

Mine are quite fine and subtle, but lots of them, and because it is not a 'solid' colour, the regrowth just look like more hilights.
When you have it re-done, it is impossible to get the hilights in exactly the same place again, so each time they vary.
I love it and wouldn't have anything else now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 10:07 PM

I don’t have hi-lights, l use Koleston tint No 9 on my roots which are probably, brown with some grey!
My hair colour result is not a flat colour but various shades of blonde, as if it’s hi- lighted!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 11:32 PM

Mups, I do like the link you showed, the last one would suit me and I will run this by my stylist. Good idea.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-03-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Mups, I do like the link you showed, the last one would suit me and I will run this by my stylist. Good idea.

Good luck.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Good morning my beautiful friend Bratti......

I hope you are having a good day and getting ready for a nice Easter week-end.....

Are you celebrating? How will you wear your hair? I haven't gotten the spray yet because I had to go out of town with Filly as something important came up.....which I will tell you about when we have PM privileges....

This is the Easter week-end and I wanted my colors because I am going somewhere nice and I have a beautiful black dress to wear and my hair purple and silver would have been awesome, but you know s*** happens sometimes....

But looking on the good side of things, I have a great week-end planned with my son & wife on Sunday, Saturday night I am going out to dinner with a MAN, yahoooo, a man...hope I can keep my hands off him.....hahahah, just kiding. he is an old friend, but I like him a lot...

I wish Walmart wasn't so far for me to go. I don't drive anymore. I had cancer and thought I was finished 5 years ago (for the 3rd time)....so I sold my car to my brother...
now I can't afford another one....so I bus it...

Gee, this is a long post....and it is only 5:45am

Bratti ..... big hugs coming up North to Bratti-Land
Hey Blue
So. How did your weekend go and how did you do your ‘hair’?

Did you manage to get any colour sprays for your ‘hair?’

Having no vehicle is the pits and I’m so sorry about missing the cancer part earlier. So did you mean you’ve had cancer 3 times? I mean even once is bad enough. That must have been rough?
Did you lose your ‘hair’ and what was that like?

Anyway I probably won’t be able to come down and see you in May. I won’t have pm privileges by then and my significant other would flip out if I just drove down.
It would be fun having women friends that I’d need to drive to visit if only just to get away once in a while but I’ll need to clear it with him first. We could do stuff together and talk about ‘hair.’

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Dageus pronounced (Day Gus) is a cross breed. Dad is a long haired golden retriever and mum a huge black standard poodle.. He's the first dog I've ever had that's not been an Old English Sheepdog, I grew up with the breed as my folks used to keep them. But Himself is just like a black Sheepie lol only bigger..
Hey Roxy,
I’ve gotta say that your natural look is gorgeous. Is that your natural colour?
Do you ever French braid ( plait ) it or put it up in a bun? I bet your ‘hair’ would look great in a French roll or lazy bun.

Now about your dogs.
Just looking at your photos you can tell that you just adore them. What a gorgeous cross mix and one I would never have thought of. A long haired golden retriever and a standard poodle. I rather like the big breed mixes. The golden doodles and such are so cute too. Shaggy dogs are adorable but then again, I love them all.
Is their fur , ‘hair’ difficult to care for?
Thank you so much for sharing your photos Roxy. Those are great pictures and you look better without makeup. Lol. Just teasing you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

01-04-2018, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Bratti...please take a few days away from here and re access the situation... Sometimes when others get you down on forums...just ignoring is best.

Thanks girlfriend
You ladies are the bestest.

Page 20 of 35 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top