Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 04:10 PM

Food in hospital

I was a bit bemused to be asked for money to watch personal tv but food was just dished out silly nilly.

I have a restricted diet due to allergies so asked my lot to bring my food on I just can't trust anyone else. But lady next to me had very complex dietary needs and the NHS was falling over backward at great cost to give her what she needed.

As we all have to eat at home it didn't seem strange to me to pay for or provide your own while in hospital.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Re: Food in hospital

The two times I have been in hospital recently I was given substantial menus, but didn't have any appetite to enjoy what was being offered.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 07:28 PM

One main hospital in Edinburgh has fantastic food as they have their own kitchens and everything is cooked freshly each day.

The other, sadly, uses frozen products from England - the food is barely edible.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 09:16 PM

If people had to pay for food they probably wouldnt bother as they may not feel like eating.Ive been in hospital several times and am not sure that Id want to pay for food.Most times I had a choice,so not so bad,but last ward I was in everybody was given the same meal,it was minced lamb with potatoes and veg.I asked what was the choice if you were a vegetarian and was told there was only Curry.As I did not fancy either offering I went without food that night ,and would definitely not have paid for it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 09:29 PM

Always try and get the ambulance to take you to Doncaster Royal Infirmary, the food is absolutely scrumptious.....

They used to have personal TV's over every bed in Doncaster Royal Infirmary Julie, they were run by a private company and it cost a fortune, so nobody ever used them and they took them all out...
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 09:54 PM

The trouble is many people are so fussy about food the times i have been in hospital i have never had any complaints about the meals. People should be thankful for what they recieve and stop whinging at least your getting the chance to have a meal there are a lot of poor sods out there in the wide world starving.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
The trouble is many people are so fussy about food the times i have been in hospital i have never had any complaints about the meals. People should be thankful for what they recieve and stop whinging at least your getting the chance to have a meal there are a lot of poor sods out there in the wide world starving.
True......
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 10:34 PM

The cleaners kept pushing the bed tray out of reach even with food on it
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 11:05 PM

The food when I was in hospital was absolutely dire, I simply could not eat it. My family would bring me in packs of M&S sandwiches, and biscuits. I am certainly not a fussy eater and have no allergies or aversions, they couldn't even serve a decent cup of tea.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:39 AM

Nutrition is part of recovery. So if people had to bring food in as they do in other countries we may waste money on medicine and treatment only to find they end up staying in hospital too long because they have inadequate nutrition. A daily meal or three doesn't cost much relative to the hospital bed you're on but does aid recovery if it's edible!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top