Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 08:24 PM

Re: Sweeteners

I'm afraid whatever you buy has got some sort of sugar in it, whether its Cereals, Milk, Bread, Yogurts etc. I have never added sugar to anything in my life also I don't use sweeteners, have tried it in the past but they have an after taste. Just cut down on the sugar is the best way to go.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:21 PM

I don't have sugar or milk in tea or coffee .... Mr Mags is the same.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:56 PM

I haven't used sugar in ages, I've also taken tea and coffee black for many years. The only milk I've started taking lately as part of my diet in 200ml of semi-skimmed with 45gm oat bran around three times per week.

I don't take any form of sweetener and I seldom drink fizzy pop unless it's a splash of tonic water in the (now) occasional gin. My sister drinks copious amounts of diet coke in the belief that it's `better for her` ignoring my warnings that the stuff is just as bad for causing diabetes as taking ordinary sugar.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 02:12 PM

Can't remember ever having a fizzy drink in my life, I've never wanted to try them.
I don't know what it is, because I can't honestly say I don't like them if I've never tried them, but I just don't fancy them I suppose. We never had them as kids, so I suppose it never occured to me.

Apart from tea and coffee, if I am thirsty I drink water, or diluted Elderflower cordial mostly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Can't remember ever having a fizzy drink in my life, I've never wanted to try them.
I don't know what it is, because I can't honestly say I don't like them if I've never tried them, but I just don't fancy them I suppose. We never had them as kids, so I suppose it never occured to me.
That frankly amazes me, Mups.
You've never had a can of Coke, or even lemonade as a child? What did your parents give you to drink?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 03:54 PM

I'm not adverse to having sugar in tea or coffee if the place I am visiting doesn't have sweeteners. I always use sweeteners (Hermasetas) when at home though and have done for about 25 years.

I drink plenty of diet Asda fizzy orange with artificial sweetener in it too. This produces marvellous belches that need not be suppressed if there is no company around.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:54 PM

I love the taste of coca cola but rarely drink it, it tastes so good it just has to be bad for me......

I've taken sugar in my tea all my life and it's never done me any harm.........Well except for two Heart Attacks...

I posted the same comment in the smoking thread....So was it smoking or too much sugar?....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:02 PM

I've tried doing without sweeteners in tea/coffee but haven't succeeded..cut it down from 2 to 1 hermeseta….I never drink fizzy drinks as I recall when younger they made Me catch My breath..so I just prefer plain water with just a tiny drop of Robinsons fruit juice...hasn't killed Me ..yet
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've tried doing without sweeteners in tea/coffee but haven't succeeded..cut it down from 2 to 1 hermeseta….I never drink fizzy drinks as I recall when younger they made Me catch My breath..so I just prefer plain water with just a tiny drop of Robinsons fruit juice...hasn't killed Me ..yet
I hope you've got a sugar bowl May, just incase I call in for a cuppa.....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I love the taste of coca cola but rarely drink it, it tastes so good it just has to be bad for me......

I've taken sugar in my tea all my life and it's never done me any harm.........Well except for two Heart Attacks...

I posted the same comment in the smoking thread....So was it smoking or too much sugar?....
Was probably the fact that you were breathing

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top