Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:42 AM

Re: In search of the sun

Have you considered Croatia Sweetie? No euro currency there and it's full of amazing historical sites. One of the islands near Split or a beach near Dubrovnik. Really nice people and great food.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 03:12 AM

Go by bus...

eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 07:50 AM

[QUOTE=Sweetie pie;1321925
We have friends in Cheshire, who recommended a place called Sunny Beach in Bulgaria,

I would appreciate anyone recommending places, that our pound goes a little further, and is nice and sunny. I also like to visit historical sites.
Thank-you in advance.[/QUOTE]

Sunny Beach is very similar to the Costas - English breakfasts, English tourists everywhere drinking too much, packed beaches, loads of souvenir shops, big hotels. If you want a taste of Bulgaria, this isn't the place for you, it could be anywhere. Bulgaria is cheap however, but if you're interested in the country try Sozopol which has an interesting old town with cobbled streets and ancient wooden buildings and an artist's area. The Villa List is right in the heart of the town, beach on one side, shops, bars etc on the other.

Bulgaria has a quite short window of good weather and by mid September it's definitely getting less reliable, so I'd recommend July/August to guarantee sun. Hope this helps.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 09:44 AM

South Australia is pretty sunny at the moment. Northern Australia is very sunny all the time. Unless there's a cyclone blowing around.
Can't go past Eastern Australia, it might bucket down one day and then weeks of sunshine.
Best of all is Western Australia, beautiful one day perfect the next.
Alright, Brighton Beach again.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:01 AM

The last time I went into a travel agent they asked what kind of holiday I was looking for. So I said I wouldn't mind going on a cruise.

So they asked whereabouts would I like to cruise

Now me being me that hit my giggle stick

So I replied" preferably on the sea"

Aa guy sitting at another desk burst out laughing

this is a true story
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

this is a true story
I believe you. I'd have said the same thing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We have been looking for some time for a Summer holiday.
Most likely it will be taken in June.
We have friends in Cheshire, who recommended a place called Sunny Beach in Bulgaria, a place I have never been.
As the GBP is not too good, I was avoiding countries that take the Euro. Sunny Beach looks lovely, and the exchange rate is brilliant. It is so cheap there. The problem is actually getting there. Flights to Sofia, the nearest airport, are expensive!
We could fly to the USA for the same price. There are cheaper flights to another airport, but then there is a 5 hour plus journey!

I would appreciate anyone recommending places, that our pound goes a little further, and is nice and sunny. I also like to visit historical sites.
Thank-you in advance.
Why not go on a med cruise? you get more for your money
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:12 PM

If it is just sun I want I can sit in my garden. It's been over 30° since last Friday.

All our beaches are sunny

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:12 PM

I see Sunny Beach has been mentioned.
Only just started to look for holidays, and I think that place will get the most consideration during summer (remember that)! for benefits that have already been mentioned.
At the moment though we are looking for a cheap last minute getaway, and at these prices with Thompsons we will likely book with them.
Wifey want to go to Tenerife or another Canary Island for some winter sun.
And soon.
Watch this space!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If it is just sun I want I can sit in my garden. It's been over 30° since last Friday.
There you go Sweetie Pie, Wollongong it is.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top