Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 08:10 PM

Re: No news on holiday

You can show us your WHITE BITS when you come home Floydy.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Dunno about the Tobelrone mate. Maybe a small pizza,

Ta bud. Last night at work tomorrow and I'll be on here until Thursday night then it's switch off time. I'll be in holiday mode then
Lovely Floydy, enjoy yourself x
Have one for me while you're there

I'm going to Spain again end of July for two whole weeks
I can't wait
9 weeks count down begins Friday!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Lovely Floydy, enjoy yourself x
Have one for me while you're there

I'm going to Spain again end of July for two whole weeks
I can't wait
9 weeks count down begins Friday!
I'm going to Spain in September, Spain is my second home we really love Spain, we lived there for two years and hope to go back and live there again when we retire. Don't like to wish my time away but.............
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
You can show us your WHITE BITS when you come home Floydy.
You speak for yourself Susie.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 10:36 AM

I'm away on holiday this Friday and I can't wait to enjoy the sunshine and my time abroad. I work hard all year and this is my reward.

As I'm on holiday I want to leave the pressures and tedium of work behind and enjoy myself.

I don't watch TV on holiday, I don't want to see any news, I don't buy newspapers. I leave all that happens in the news behind. Whatever happens in the UK I don't care about. I'm on holiday.

I have my phone with me in case of emergencies, but I will not be on social media. All these people tapping away on their phones as they sit around the pool, I find that a shame. They might as well be at home.

Do others feel the same?
YES YES YES!!!!!

Enjoy
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:27 PM

Thanks again all, I'll be signing off from the forum straight after after work in the morning. Too much to do Thursday with packing, last minute shopping, visit to the doc's and sorting out my MP3 player.
Got to get to work on my white bits starting Friday!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:30 PM

I'll bid yer farewell, bon voyage, happy holidays now then Floydy, see ya when you get back, ENJOY!!! I'm envious.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:32 PM

Thanks again all, I'll be signing off from the forum straight after after work in the morning. Too much to do Thursday with packing, last minute shopping, visit to the doc's and sorting out my MP3 player.
Got to get to work on my white bits starting Friday!

Hope you have a good break Floydy.
It'll do you both the world of good.

(Don't forget me pressie will ya. . )
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 07:05 AM

I'm away on holiday this Friday and I can't wait to enjoy the sunshine and my time abroad. I work hard all year and this is my reward.

As I'm on holiday I want to leave the pressures and tedium of work behind and enjoy myself.

I don't watch TV on holiday, I don't want to see any news, I don't buy newspapers. I leave all that happens in the news behind. Whatever happens in the UK I don't care about. I'm on holiday.

I have my phone with me in case of emergencies, but I will not be on social media. All these people tapping away on their phones as they sit around the pool, I find that a shame. They might as well be at home.

Do others feel the same?
Exactly the same!

I don't do social media anyway.

I don't like false news and that's all it is.

I do this forum on my lap top at home first thing a.m. whilst having a cuppa before work and on an evening if there's nothing on tv

On holiday.....no tv, no phone or computer....but I do like the opportunity to read a day old newspaper properly!

I'm going to Kos ( again!!) end of June......counting down the days!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 12:21 AM

You make me insanely envious, Meg. Whatever though, a holiday is a holiday and it's time away from the trudge and gloom of everyday life and the UK so yes, I'll enjoy it

I would definitely need the internet stuck in hospital.
Food poisoning is awful, especially on holiday as I had it once in Turkey. Hope you got over it quickly, SP.

Same here, Gumbud. I'd leave it in the hotel room safe, but what if someone called in an emergency...maybe my wife will take hers instead?

One thing I definitely will do is cancel all my subscriptions on here for my duration. I don't want those bloody bleeps going off every bloody five seconds!
you've lost me there Floydy - I don't any bleeps goin off??

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top