Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 09:18 AM

How much do you pay for Swimming/Gym Etc?

Hi

Where I am moving there is a Sports Village within walking distance.

It is Council Run, but with input from the NHS .

They are offering over 60s membership for £20 a month, gym, swimming, Pilates, Yoga Classes etc.

Is this a good deal?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 09:24 AM

Re: How much do you pay for Swimming/Gym Etc?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Where I am moving there is a Sports Village within walking distance.

It is Council Run, but with input from the NHS .

They are offering over 60s membership for £20 a month, gym, swimming, Pilates, Yoga Classes etc.

Is this a good deal?
Hi Swim if you use the membership it sounds a good deal, so many people seem to join gyms and never go. They were saying on the radio the other day how many millions are wasted each year on unused gym memberships.

Think of it as a couple of bottles of wine and bars of chocolate that you won't now be buying because the money is being spent on healthier things.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Sounds a decent price if its well run with NHS input, last time i went swimming regularly 5 x a week it, was over a couple of quid for a session. If it has a community spirit as well money well spent.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 11:26 AM

No parking fees, and even if you only go there once a week it's only a fiver a session, so YES!!!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 11:34 AM

That's a really good price Swims
Less than half of my monthly membership fees

Don't forget though. If you get a large sized furry friend you're going to have to go on longer walks/spend more time throwing sticks or whatever to make sure he/she gets the exercise too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
That's a really good price Swims
Less than half of my monthly membership fees

Don't forget though. If you get a large sized furry friend you're going to have to go on longer walks/spend more time throwing sticks or whatever to make sure he/she gets the exercise too.
Hi

I need to get of my belly, I intensely dislike it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 12:48 PM

We are twenty pound a month, for unlimited swimming, 3 pools, 2 huge Hot Tubs, from 6.30am. It's a bit extra if you want the Gym.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 12:08 PM

Sounds like a good deal,when i went to gym, (have my own home gym now),it was £21.99p,..that was only for the use of gym,nothing else,you had to pay extra for swimming
and exercise classes,boot camp,things like that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 04:41 PM

Swimmy, £20 per month is excellent value for money. Go for it bud

I pay £12.49 per month for my gym use but that was on an opening offer with no contract. It's £19.99 now and there's no pool but I'm happy.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:00 PM

Yes swimmy it sounds good value.

I pay for a full membership of £40 a month which includes pool which you can use for as long as you want to, steam room, jaccuzzis tanning room, tons of gym equipment a spin room, weights room and tons of classes which are all free. It's £25 off peak. I really like the gym I go to, I've been using it a good few years now and certainly get my moneys worth. To go for a one hour swim at our council pool its almost 6 quid! I think for a council gym member ship its £25 round here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top