Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:42 AM

Re: White British or something else?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My idea of a 'little englander' is the Wikipedia definition.

"Little Englander" is a term for English nationalists or English people who are described as xenophobic or overly nationalistic and are accused of being "ignorant" and "boorish".

Intriguing that that definition applies to well over 90% of the scumbag 'nasty party' members !!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I am English through and through and proud of it. Our big mistake was letting others in to plunder our riches.
oh dear oh dear oh dear what about the english breaking into other countries and plundering their riches - that OK then??
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:43 AM

I’m white British with hazel green eyes
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Not seen anyone yet who is an alien!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
oh dear oh dear oh dear what about the english breaking into other countries and plundering their riches - that OK then??
Good point. Instead of being proud of one's heritage us Brits should be ashamed of the way our ancestors behaved when invading other countries and taking them over. The empire was nothing of which to be proud that is for sure.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not seen anyone yet who is an alien!

You are far removed from the scumbag 'nasty party' conferences, so you don't see the 'aliens' where you are. Unfortunately, those of us who live here, see them wandering around the town whenever their conference arrives.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My idea of a 'little englander' is the Wikipedia definition.

"Little Englander" is a term for English nationalists or English people who are described as xenophobic or overly nationalistic and are accused of being "ignorant" and "boorish".

And you think any expression of English pride is 'Little Englander' type behaviour . Am I right?

What of Scottish pride? Are they Little Scotlanders?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You are far removed from the scumbag 'nasty party' conferences, so you don't see the 'aliens' where you are. Unfortunately, those of us who live here, see them wandering around the town whenever their conference arrives.
The 'scumbag unions' of the party you support have nothing of which to be proud. They nearly brought the country to its knees, before Maggie sorted them out. I disliked MT, but like Churchill she did a job, which needed doing.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:01 AM

My Ma and Pa always told me I was English even though I was a scouser? and I always considered Wales' Scotland and Ireland and perhaps Cornwall as different nationalities even though we could travel there without a passport.

This is a very interesting question and I would like to go back and discuss it with Ma and Pa and Gran etc but they are all buried under English soil - and whilst we are all discussing this stuff - is being British the same as English cos I do have what I thought was a British passport but never an english one - oh pugbear I am so confused after this discussion and long walk through the forest - can we lay down under this tree for a while in an english country garden??
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
And you think any expression of English pride is 'Little Englander' type behaviour . Am I right?

What of Scottish pride? Are they Little Scotlanders?
I haven't heard the Welsh or the Scots go on about their countries in the way some English do about theirs.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top