Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:08 PM

Re: De-extincting mammoths

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Let's be clear, mankind is incapable of creating life. So no, mankind did not create dogs. All mankind did is exercise artificial selection and cross breedin

What? How did you get here?
If you're going to comment on a post you could at least read it !

"Even a man and woman can not create life. The best they can muster is to fumble under the sheets for a while and create the environment which best serves the purposes of Nature, a working place if you will for Nature to do its thing. "

How did I get here? Nature created me.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If you're going to comment on a post you could at least read it !

"Even a man and woman can not create life. The best they can muster is to fumble under the sheets for a while and create the environment which best serves the purposes of Nature, a working place if you will for Nature to do its thing. "

How did I get here? Nature created me.
Ahh, yes, you edited that bit after I responded
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Nice sentiments so why are you not well armed now and protecting our elephants for free that are being slaughtered daily for their ivory !!
Exactly, solo. The species that are threatened at this point in time is clearly horrendous. A return of the Woolly Mammoth , would cause an even greater imbalance and possibly the end of other species.
It's a crazy idea from scientists who want to be on their next mission, to tamper with nature on a mammoth scale.
Maybe wolves being introduced again to the UK is a better option ? (not that I agree with it)

I read this today which puts some light on the balance of nature .

" For pastoralists like the #Samburu, more grass means more food for their cattle—one reason indigenous communities have begun relating to elephants, animals long feared, in a new way. The loss of elephants has a ripple effect on other animals and the people co existing with them. Elephants are the ecosystem’s “engineers” who feed on low brush and bulldoze small trees, promoting growth of grasses, which in turn attract bulk grazers like buffalo, endangered Grevy’s zebras, eland, and oryx, themselves prey for carnivores: lions, cheetahs, wild dogs, leopards."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Ahh, yes, you edited that bit after I responded
Then why is it present in the quotation in your own post ?!!!

Doh !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Then why is it present in the quotation in your own post ?!!!

Doh !
You are right...doh!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 05:00 AM

Well, it's starting to get quite silly. So, I'll bow out and let the nay-sayer's, have the thread. They're just looking for an argument anyway.

Last comments: I never said anything about man creating LIFE. I said that man created breeds of animals and certain agricultural foods. HUGE DIFFERENCE

The de-extinction of Wooly mammoths IS GOING TO HAPPEN, whether a few people like it or not. Personally, I'm thrilled.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:34 AM

A interesting topic Bakerman .

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top