Join for free
Page 11 of 27 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 07:06 PM

Re: Britain could leave the Bloc and do things better!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly, which is what I've been saying all along. And the EU's 'game' is to grab as much money from us as they can for two reasons:

- to deter other countries from leaving;
- to make up the shortfall of losing their cash cow.
Hi

No,No and No JBR.

We both voted to leave, however I do not agree with you.

We pay what we owe,freely signed up to by successive UK Governments.

To fail to do so would make us International Pariahs, nobody would ever trust us again.

Our credit rating would be destroyed,we would never get any more Trade Deals.

It would be an absolute financial disaster for us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Britains work ethic. Having worked for a major German company and latterly for twenty years as an independent consultant, I see productivity as pretty low.An interesting contrast comes from France, where 'elf an safety doesn't clog the wheels of productivity as much as us.
I agree with this. Our work ethic was destroyed by the militant unions of the 1970s, but hopefully began to recover more recently. One problem was almost unique to us: the inability for unions and management to work together.

Since then, of course, many trades began to suffer and disappear when things could be made much more cheaply in the far east. Germany suffered far less in this respect because they realised the future was in high quality products which were more expensive but still in demand. It's a shame that we didn't seem able to follow the same line.

'Elf 'n' safety' is our big present day problem. To be honest, I thought that much of that was imposed on us by the EU, but I am not surprised that it doesn't impose itself as much on France as we are the only ones stupid enough not to ignore those idiots.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No,No and No JBR.

We both voted to leave, however I do not agree with you.

We pay what we owe,freely signed up to by successive UK Governments.

To fail to do so would make us International Pariahs, nobody would ever trust us again.

Our credit rating would be destroyed,we would never get any more Trade Deals.

It would be an absolute financial disaster for us.
I can't believe that you accept their figures without any evidence to support them.

It isn't surprising, though, when you realise that they haven't had their accounts independently signed off for years.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't believe that you accept their figures without any evidence to support them.

It isn't surprising, though, when you realise that they haven't had their accounts independently signed off for years.
Hi

Bollocks, my favourite word.

Our Accounts have not been signed off either.

The EU have all the evidence of what we have signed up for.

You may not agree with it, but so what?

Our Government have been through the figures and accepted it.

Why can you not accept this?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:54 PM

Hi

Possibly because our Government are a bunch of inept incompetent liars?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-03-2018, 09:26 PM

Double post. Sorry, but I didn't duplicate; I edited.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-03-2018, 09:27 PM

Hi

If it is all above board, why can't the ordinary members of the general public see the exact figures.

I still don't trust them, and I'm not alone.

I resist the urge to reply with my favourite offensive word.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Britains work ethic. Having worked for a major German company and latterly for twenty years as an independent consultant, I see productivity as pretty low.An interesting contrast comes from France, where 'elf an safety doesn't clog the wheels of productivity as much as us.
One of the reasons that UK productivity is low is that we employ more people rather than leave them on the scrap heap .
The French have no such scruples!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 11:36 PM

The big plus about Brexit as far as I am concerned it that our Politicians will have nowhere to go.

They will no longer be able to blame the EU.

It will be down to them.

"The British culture is to accept mediocrity" - please discuss. That's what we had pre joining Europe and what we will see happening again post-brexit. At least the EU has been forcing improved standards down our throat. It's not a bad thing. They didn't get everything right but harmonisation of standards and protecting us from rubbish food and harmful substances isn't a negative. I worry about medicines. EU standards make sure we have safe treatments. We have licensed medication not any old rubbish. Having our own regs means duplication. All I see is extra costs and wasted money.

What does your daughter think of all this - she's a finance professional is she not?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
One of the reasons that UK productivity is low is that we employ more people rather than leave them on the scrap heap .
The French have no such scruples!
There's a myriad of reasons, but culture is one. Different cultures have different approaches to work.

I went interrailing a couple of times in the mid to late 80s. You could really see how different cultures worked by looking at the rail systems. France had the best. Shiny modern trains and efficient timetables. Yet just over the border in Italy it was completely a different story. Old and slow trains. No special treatment, no air con, but you'd have an adventure along the way. In Spain you'd queue up but nobody would know where the train was or whether it was running that day. Germany had trains that were on time and functional, but none of the style of France or surprises of Italy.

We came back to the UK, it was raining, the train was damp with tartan seats. It felt familiar & homely but very antiquated. We had some terrible tea in a plastic cup with some soggy sandwiches and were grateful for it. I think there was a delay but nobody could be bothered to complain....

Page 11 of 27 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top