Join for free
Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:06 AM

Re: Farage the Fascist!!!

I wasn't the one who put up the huge list of contradictory nonsense up in the first place
You read them through
I'm making many points...
Not one
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:11 AM

What I really dislike are unfocused minds - the ditherers.

Takes discipline to focus your thoughts. A lack of discipline signifies a lot of things - crumbling personality for one thing. A head full of thoughts without a logical conclusion indicates someone with an inner struggle. Kinda indicates to me someone is needing a stronger personality to rescue them - someone looking for a knight in shining armour on a white horse.

Just saying is all ...

Am I right though
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:12 AM

97. Potentially racist and many other things..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
OK as no one can answer the question whether they are actual party manifesto policies or not...
We can assume they are a Ukip wish list.

Either way we can rule out the laughable..
"Pay more attention to.."
"Emphasising.."
"Encouraging.."
"Opposing..: and
"Cracking down on.." ones for starters...
I'm sorry Rhian, but I'm afraid I can't remember where I got the list. I remember it was last year and I copied it from a web site, so no link.

However, if it is of any interest here is a comprehensive manifesto from 2015 (I suspect the last one they produced as there have not been any elections since):

http://www.ukip.org/ukip_manifesto_summary

Farage backed out of number 3.

Well, until we are actually out of the dictatorship, and continue to pay our 'membership fee' in the meantime, we cannot afford to pay the NHS what was suggested.

4 doesn't state whether that applies to international students

No, it doesn't. I can't imagine why we shouldn't continue to charge international students. My wife's university does.

5 is meaningless

Makes sense to me.

6 doesn't explain how and where priorities will lie

True, but as long as it's cut who cares?

9. Potentially racist because Britain and our 'identity' is based on a multicultural society

I disagree. Although this is not explained explicitly, I suspect that what is intended is what many of us think is well overdue: to ensure that our laws come first and that sharia law has no legal force.

Anyway, I agree that this list is not a true manifesto. Perhaps the contents in the link I provided above will prove more explicit and address at least some of your questions.

I quite understand, and support your right to disagree with what UKIP stands for. I must say, though, that I have every confidence in them and, what's more, Nigel Farage is one of the very few politicians in whom I have any trust.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:13 AM

I think the knight has arrived
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

17-08-2016, 12:18 AM

If these are genuine policies I'd be scared witless

Unless...
I was an ex-service person
A baby-boomer of post war Britain eager to protect my wealth and 'rights' regardless of anyone else...
or the state of the environment for future generations

In other words in the majority..it's quite hard line, elitist garbage
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:19 AM

Good God, Rhian. I can't keep up with you.

Do me a favour and read through the true manifesto I linked to. Of course, if you have any questions about that, I'll be happy to discuss them.

I really hope that this isn't indicating a personal dislike of me by you. I'd be quite upset if that were the case. (Seriously).
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

17-08-2016, 12:20 AM

And why mention Sharia law?
I thought Ukip supporters are desperate to prove it's not about that?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

17-08-2016, 12:21 AM

I don't dislike you at all JBR!

Why post nonsense like that up if it's not their manifesto though?

Like I said before it's a wish list at best
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-08-2016, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think the knight has arrived
Wow! Do you mean me? I have never imagined myself to be a knight in shining armour on a white horse, although I like the idea! Thank you!

Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top