Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 09:17 PM

Re: Man Flu is back

Originally Posted by Jem ->
’Tis well you may mock as the last of the men rally round the flag of solidarity.
It’s in times of severe man flu when a man really finds out who his best friend is, in my case it was my dear sweet wife Phyllis, caring, loving, sympathetic and understanding, Florence Nightingale was only in the ha’penny place compared to her, bowls of hot nourishing soup every few hours, hot whiskey and lemon toddies to sweat it out of me, and fresh towels to wipe my suffering brow as she sat patiently by my bedside until the crisis was passed. Bless her kind heart.
Indeed, I have been very near death with man flu, and dear Mrs Rehab has gone out in the night and despite the pouring rain purchased for me a pack of batteries for the tv remote saving me great pain and distress. You have got to love 'em lads.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 09:26 PM

I'm still here and thank you for all the (mainly male) support although I noticed a few of the ladies were getting concerned. I reckon I will be ok for Christmas day but I have kindly passed it on to Mrs LD now so it's a race to get her better in time. It seems my neighbours have it also as I could hear them coughing all night.

What us men have to endure eh!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm still here and thank you for all the (mainly male) support although I noticed a few of the ladies were getting concerned. I reckon I will be ok for Christmas day but I have kindly passed it on to Mrs LD now so it's a race to get her better in time. It seems my neighbours have it also as I could hear them coughing all night.

What us men have to endure eh!
She should be ok by tomorrow mate, but you hang in there, you might think you are in remission but man flu is insidious and can come back very quickly and with a vengeance.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
She should be ok by tomorrow mate, but you hang in there, you might think you are in remission but man flu is insidious and can come back very quickly and with a vengeance.
You are correct of course. I'm worried that it might return the day after boxing day resulting in a full week on the sofa.

Btw, it was very kind of the pillow squad to offer to come over and plump my pillows up for me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 10:08 PM

You are correct of course. I'm worried that it might return the day after boxing day resulting in a full week on the sofa.

Btw, it was very kind of the pillow squad to offer to come over and plump my pillows up for me.
The only pillows we will plump up are those being used by
Mrs LD. Woman flu is a very serious complaint!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The only pillows we will plump up are those being used by
Mrs LD. Woman flu is a very serious complaint!
Does woman flu really exist?
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 11:00 PM

I feel for you LD, I've had mine since Saturday and had to get some antis from the Docs for a chest infection. The shivering has mainly gone now, but I still ache and have only just had my first proper dinner. The Doc said that I have a pot belly and must cut down on my smoking and drinking. Sheesh, I only weigh just over eleven stone, so, I haven't had a drink this week and hardly smoked. Let's see if it makes a difference
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

21-12-2016, 11:23 PM

Be careful mate, to much arousal whilst suffering from man flu can put you back weeks...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-12-2016, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Be careful mate, to much arousal whilst suffering from man flu can put you back weeks...

It's one of the few things us blokes can still manage when ill.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-12-2016, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
I feel for you LD, I've had mine since Saturday and had to get some antis from the Docs for a chest infection. The shivering has mainly gone now, but I still ache and have only just had my first proper dinner. The Doc said that I have a pot belly and must cut down on my smoking and drinking. Sheesh, I only weigh just over eleven stone, so, I haven't had a drink this week and hardly smoked. Let's see if it makes a difference
Get well soon gasman. You can catch up during the holidays. You must be ill to get a doctor's appointment. I went to my local chemist today and could hardly get in the door.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top