Join for free
Page 618 of 754 « First < 118 518 568 608 616 617 618 619 620 628 668 718 > Last »
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 08:15 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

I can't understand why GPs are not seeing patients,,,,a friends mum in her 80's had a sore on her face that wasn't healing, turned out to be skin cancer, GP didn't see her ...it was all done by sending photos....what's that all about, I think it's scandalous...years ago, if a person was ill,you got a visit from the GP...and he would come back and see how you were getting on, without being asked....I know I'm going back a bit now....but things have changed so much...not for the better
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2020, 09:23 PM

Well I saw a Chiropractor this evening and and I now know what's going going on in my back. One of the vertebrae spikes that stick out of your spine is the cause of it all, instead of pointing out it's moved to pointing down and it's pressing on part of the right side of the sacrum. The two are pressing on some nerve and that's causing all the pain in the right leg and butt cheek, he said it's badly inflamed too, It went into full spasm last night and that's why I had such a bad time. These vertebrae are not moving like they should they are seizing up and need to be worked on, twice a week for a while then once a week then once a month untill they go back to doing what they should be doing. I went in to his office on 2 sticks was worked on and questioned for 90 minutes, was terrified but it was not painful, well not much and it got easier the more he worked them. I was almost pain free when I came out and still feeling so much better, he warned me it will get painful again and not to overdo anything, but the more it's worked on the easier things will get and life will return to what's my normal. But it looks like I will have to go in for a Spine MOT every now and then and get another session done.
Sooooo hoping I get to sleep tonight, I desperately need to catch up on the past few weeks.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 11:07 AM

Good morning ladies. Paula I remember when you phoned a doctor they would come out to see you. Roxy glad to hear that you have some relief at last with your back pain. I get pain if I'm sitting on the laptop to long. I usually go for a massage but haven't been for one since lockdown began.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:03 PM

Morning, Cold, Darkish, and Dreary here today. Had not a too bad night, and as I was told, the pain has returned but not so bad as it was.
Jess I've never had a massage but have thought about it at times, do they hurt?
Paula, I don't understand why we can't see our GPs either, it's really not on.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:28 PM

Good Afternoon Each,it's another damp dreich one here,but the smell of My chicken curry cooking is cheering Me up

Glad You've had a diagnosis at last Roxy and You had a sleep..I certainly wouldn't leave it there though as I'd kick up hell with the GP who obviously didn't give a damn about how much pain You were in...Would He/She have just told You to take a rennie if You'd had severe chest pain?....report 'em to the health centre manager.

Take care all and keep safe,xx
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

08-12-2020, 02:42 PM

I don't know this Doctor May, she's new to the Surgery and I've never seen her. My own Doctor who I usually see was not available for some reason so I got this new one. I sometimes see my Doctor at the pool as she often has an early swim too, I've no intention of leaving things and will talk it through with my own Doctor, I've heard from others that the Surgery Manager is a waste of time.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I don't know this Doctor May, she's new to the Surgery and I've never seen her. My own Doctor who I usually see was not available for some reason so I got this new one. I sometimes see my Doctor at the pool as she often has an early swim too, I've no intention of leaving things and will talk it through with my own Doctor, I've heard from others that the Surgery Manager is a waste of time.
If not satisfied with the response you get from your own doctor and the surgery manager is a waste of time, then there's always the official way. Patients such as yourself should never be left in pain as you have been, others will probably be treated in the same offhand, uncaring way and this is wrong. I am pleased for you that the pain is not quite as bad. See details on that official link below:

https://www.nhsscotlandprocurement.s...omplaints.aspx
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

08-12-2020, 02:54 PM

Thanks Baz, I've bookmarked the link for future use if needed.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 03:49 PM

let's hope You won't need any help from Your Doc' for this particular problem Roxie and I'm wondering if You do will They tell You to go private again!

It's time GPs started doing the job They are very well paid to do and stop cherry picking what type of health problems They'll see Patients in Their surgery for,

On a lighter note We here are being changed from level 4 to level 3 on Friday,but I don't intend to go gallivanting around Town just yet....Also of course the vaccination has started to be administered today...hallelujah

Of course Ruth the mooth is on tv whinging as usual,not a smile ever cracks that enamel of Hers ...or Leonard either...what an arse He is.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

08-12-2020, 10:15 PM

Just had this email in from the guy with the healing hands..

Hope you've had a good day and have noticed a difference since your first adjustment. Just a quick recap following your assessment. The main findings were restrictions around the sacrum and lumbar vertebrae, a technical name would be lumbosacral dysfunction. When these joints aren't moving or sitting correctly it can cause inflammation and irritation of the surrounding muscles and nerves which can lead to some of the symptoms you are experiencing. The goal of care is to get these joints and tissues moving correctly which should then lead to an improvement in these symptoms. I have left a note for Dan for your appointment tomorrow.

I look forward to seeing your progress and we will catch up Thursday.

Kindest regards

Josh

Page 618 of 754 « First < 118 518 568 608 616 617 618 619 620 628 668 718 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top