Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:28 PM

Diana 7 days that shook the Windsors.

On channel 5 now
The extraordinary happenings after the death of Princess Diana.
The genuine sadnesses of her staff -her body being cared for by her chauffeur and her Butler ?

The reaction of the Queen did someone grease the brakes ???

The heartfelt improviso speech of Tony Blair - whatever he got wrong later he got his words totally right then .

Worth watching .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:18 PM

Re: Diana 7 days that shook the Windsors.

I'm watching this too. Brings it all back. Seems like yesterday. Amazing that 20 years has gone by. I was one of those who queued up to sign the book of condolences. I've never felt so upset about someone I don't know personally.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 01:09 AM

I was overseas and because of the time zone heard the sad news very early .
I remember signing the book at the British High Commision .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 02:02 AM

I remember it so well.
She died on the same day my son was taken very ill and rushed to hospital and she was buried on his birthday whilst he was in the the children's ward.....the staff were absolutely wonderful, buying him a tractor....I remember the funeral being on every TV....the atmosphere was so sad.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:50 AM

I watched it and found it moving . The silence of the thousands as they stood waiting for her . The faces of the boys was heartbreaking . I never knew the butler paul burrell sat with her all night so she wouldn't be alone , or the he went to collect her from Paris . It was well presented and moving .

I know anger was focused on the queen for not returning sooner to the palace but I Immagine she wanted to protect the boys from the mourning masses , after all returning back wasn't going to ease their pain .

I liked Diana
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I watched it and found it moving . The silence of the thousands as they stood waiting for her . The faces of the boys was heartbreaking . I never knew the butler paul burrell sat with her all night so she wouldn't be alone , or the he went to collect her from Paris . It was well presented and moving .

I know anger was focused on the queen for not returning sooner to the palace but I Immagine she wanted to protect the boys from the mourning masses , after all returning back wasn't going to ease their pain .

I liked Diana
Yes, it's that moving silence again. I watched the funeral and wasn't particularly upset as I didn't know her personally and I am not a Royalist but the coming together of the crowd in silence and then the clapping and flower throwing was emotional.

I saw some of the programme last night and the emotion returned all these years later.
Mamagee
New Member!
Harrow, UK
Mamagee is female 

31-05-2017, 02:57 PM

I unfortunately missed this documentary last night and have been trying to find it on catch up but with no luck. Does anyone know where and how I can watch it please.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-05-2017, 04:35 PM

Channel 5
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 04:57 PM

Earl Spencer's eulogy was the criticism that changed the Royal Family for the better imo. I hope he kept his promise and has been influential in his nephews lives guiding them as Diana would have wanted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 05:17 PM

I didn't see the programme either, Mamagee.

In a paper I read in a cafe today though, it said French TV are claiming the Mercedes they were travelling in was a 'dangerous rebuilt wreck.'
They said it "didn't hold the road if driven at more than 37 m.p.h."
They reckon the car had been stolen earlier in the year and "driven into the ground." Also that it had been crashed before and rolled over several times.

A photographer claimed the car was ready to be broken up, but permission was then given to 're-make it.'
Apparently it had been driven earlier in the year and senior staff had been warned to get rid of it then.

I doubt we will ever know the whole truth.
Must be awful for her boys to keep having it raked up though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top