Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:16 PM

Government confirms state pension triple lock boost in 2021

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/09...C_WS_EM_021020

Under the triple lock system, the state pension increases by the highest of the growth in wages, inflation as measured by the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) or 2.5%.

The government takes September’s CPI inflation (released in October) and uses the three-month average of weekly earnings from July to help work out what the uprating will be.

Under current rules, state pension payments can only increase if there’s been a rise in average earnings in the relevant period of the preceding year.

According to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), earnings growth was -1% in the three months to July 2020, thanks to furlough pay and reduced bonuses.

So in theory, state pension payments would have been frozen next April. However, the government has this month introduced a new Bill to ensure the technical detail doesn’t stop the state pension from increasing by at least 2.5% in April 2021.

The government hasn’t specified whether it will keep the triple lock beyond April 2022, and this is likely to depend on the economic recovery.
So, good news for pensioners .....
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 10:35 AM

Re: Government confirms state pension triple lock boost in 2021

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/09...C_WS_EM_021020

So, good news for pensioners .....
Interesting to see if this include's my state pension which I can't claim until 2023,currently standing at £245 per week,its kinda frozen with no more of my NI contributions going into it since the rule changes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 11:19 AM

What ever 'they' grant us as a raise in State pension 'they' usually take back in Tax from the Works pension!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What ever 'they' grant us as a raise in State pension 'they' usually take back in Tax from the Works pension!
Ours will go on the TV Licence
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That's so true Tabbs. I'll be lucky if I get enough to pay for my Sunday newspaper.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top