Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 01:36 AM

Re: Man Flu is back

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Get well soon gasman. You can catch up during the holidays. You must be ill to get a doctor's appointment. I went to my local chemist today and could hardly get in the door.
I could hear the pharmacists laughing, amidst mutterings of ..."plenty of fluids and paracetamol"
from here ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I could hear the pharmacists laughing, amidst mutterings of ...plenty of fluids and paracetamol"
from here ...
And that was just the queue for the post office.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does woman flu really exist?
If course it does! It's full name in Influenza. It takes close on a month to recover from and has been known to kill the sufferer. Many men think they have it, just because they have a slight sniffle , but women are too strong and try to carry on.
Can I suggest that you encourage Mrs LD to take a well deserved rest and stay in bed for a few days? Make her lots of soup and Vitamin C drinks... and get her a supply of paracetamol.... to reduce the temperature.
Oh and wear a mask while caring for her....we don't want your little sniffles making her catch a cold and feel worse.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:01 AM

Call me an ignoramus, but what the hell is 'man flu' and 'cold'?
From what I've read so far, it sounds like a disease.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
A cold is a trivial little illness, that we all get from time to time. Man flu is a cold, but grossly over exaggerated by any man that has it!
They feel they need to lie on the sofa, with tv remote control in hand, and have a never ending supply of food, drink and sympathy... often supplied by their long suffering wife.
Don't worry though. Artangel has a magnificent treatment for it and that is euthanasia by means of holding a pillow over their heads..... completely painless!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:26 AM

I'm not worried at all. I just wish I could get some of Artangel's painless treatment. I hate pain.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 09:32 AM

Hi

Women get Influenza, a trivial little thing, they can still move, get up, make the kids breakfast, wash and iron all their school things, go to work and still have enough energy to take the kids to after school things and then pick the up afterwards, bring them home, put them to bed and still have enough time to get themselves ready for a repeat performance the following day, including washing their hair and putting the lippy on.

This is totally different to Manflu, which all us males know is totally incapacitating.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

22-12-2016, 09:34 AM

I'm not worried at all. I just wish I could get some of Artangel's painless treatment. I hate pain.
Art grab a pillow, you are off to Australia! Plops is asking for the pillow treatment, and you could visit your son while you are there.

I have just noticed that it would be wise to use one on Swimmy before you go.....no need to change the pillow, jusy use the same one. It isn't like they will catch anything, is it?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

22-12-2016, 09:45 AM

I forgot to ask. Can I get the treatment without the terrible disease, or would I have to find a way to get infected first?
Please answer at your earliest inconvenience.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 11:36 AM

Oh it is plops. It is, believe me.

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top