Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 09:11 PM

Re: Counting

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
When I come down the stairs in the dark in the morning I count the number of steps.
in the dark dont you have electricity Alan ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Yes but Sheila would be none too pleased if I put the landing light on - we don't shut the bedroom doors.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 09:19 PM

When i was younger and was waiting for a bus, i would count to see what number the bus would turn up at.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Yes but Sheila would be none too pleased if I put the landing light on - we don't shut the bedroom doors.
That's another thread... Who leaves the bedroom door open and who closes it when they go to bed?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Do you ever count your steps as you walk?
I sometimes count silently in my head if im nervous or worried or if there is something in the vicinity to count then I will silently count that instead.

My elderly Aunt (whos now deceased) was a counter as well....she would count lots of things.

Dont tell me im going mad lol .....does anyone else do this? (bit afraid to ask now lol )

Funnily enough, I used to do it as a kid sometimes, can't remember why. Haven't done it for years now though.
kingfisher
New Member!
Canada
kingfisher is male 

17-02-2016, 02:08 AM

I always count the basement steps when I am coming up.Dont know why I never count them on the way down.Basement hasThirteen steps
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 02:11 AM

I am not aware that I ever count. If I can't sleep, I don't count sheep but recite the phonetic alphabet. I am asleep before I get to November!!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 08:33 AM

I'm not a counter. I do however try to think of the names of my class mates and the position of their desks in relation to my desk, in my final year at high school. It does send me off to sleep and I have never yet got through the names of all 36 classmates.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
I count the steps on stairs in shops etc-on the way up them and on the way down.
If there is a differential between going up and coming down, do you have to go up and down again to see where the error is?.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not aware that I ever count. If I can't sleep, I don't count sheep but recite the phonetic alphabet. I am asleep before I get to November!!
So that's how I learned the phonetic alphabet ! I just knew I'd never read it !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top