Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 01:51 PM

Re: Why are people so frightened of spiders?

Spider in the bath?-just leave a towel draped over. They will climb out.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 02:16 PM

I like spiders, they eat all the other nasties, love to see Huntman spiders in the house - they don't even build webs.

My garage door has had a family of Redbacks living in it since it was built and some lived in the wood round my front door though they seem to have been evicted by St Andrew's Cross Spiders.

The only ones that annoy me are the Orb Weaver spiders who build massive, tough and very sticky webs across outdoor passageways (between buildings, fencing trees etc), the first you know is when you walk into them. As I say they are big webs and very sticky, one I had a year ago was across a 2.5 metre gap between the house and the fence.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 02:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjDAiq2-xeU
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The trouble is that, especially in winter, putting them outside is likely to kill them.

I never put spiders outside.

If I see one, my usual response is to just leave it where it is. When I've gone away and come back later it will have gone. It is sitting there, not moving, in abject terror!

However, I make an exception if the cat is around or likely to see it. I'm sure you know what would happen! In such cases, I gently urge it to run away under the settee or other safe place.
Nor me, I get the Wife to.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 08:21 PM

Even I have to admit these are quite cute!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 10:30 PM

I have never found one of those in the garage ! They are really intriguing - I want one now.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 11:18 PM

I think those are cute too & small.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Why are some people scared of household spiders? However, you are likely to catch something very nasty from dogs and cats, especially if you let them invade your personal space, YUCK!
One just as to spot a Tarantula and immeadiately you want to stamp on its head.
They are just wicked little buggers.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
One just as to spot a Tarantula and immeadiately you want to stamp on its head.
They are just wicked little buggers.
Do you get many in Essex?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top