Join for free
Page 45 of 370 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2017, 08:34 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks for posting your exercise routine Rene, very interesting. I look forward to discussing this further.
Just do it!
New Member!
Bern, Switzerland
Just do it! is male 

19-01-2017, 11:22 PM

You are welcome, OldGreyFox! Just ask if you want to know more about it.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 02:26 AM

Exercise ?! Wash your mouth out with soap.

But I've lost 20 pounds in 20 days just through sensible eating (and no booze).
ossian
Scotland
ossian is male  ossian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 12:32 PM

I am not sure if this counts. I try to cycle daily although that can be weather dependant. On an average, I will probably cycle 25 miles 3 times per week and shorter journeys - around 10/14 miles - on other days.

After the longer journeys, I will then warm down with some stretching exercises to the calves, thighs, shoulders and neck.

I also walk a fair amount too.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 04:48 PM

Just got back from an 11 cycle ride. Well, 10.97 miles according to MapMyRun. Walked 5.15 miles at over 4 miles an hour on Saturday morning.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 05:06 PM

Hi

My regime is very gentle at the moment.

I was shattered yesterday after following OGF's advice and actually getting out for a walk, albeit only 60 metres there and back in total.

I felt so much better for it.

This morning I did 80 metres in total and then managed 3,6 minute stints on an exercise bike at the hospital.

Afterwards I went shopping and even managed to walk around and carry my shopping back to the car.

A simple thing, but such an improvement for me.

This evening I am going to change 100 litres of water in my fish tank, only 10 litres at a time, but trust me, lifting 10 kilos is a major advance for me.

Wednesday I have one of these step counters arriving.

My target for the day is 600 steps according to the Physios.

I intend to beat that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 11:24 AM

With spring just around the corner and the odd sunny day tempting people out, it's nice to see the Over50's athletics team making a start especially Mart and Swim. Well done chaps!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-03-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My regime is very gentle at the moment.

I was shattered yesterday after following OGF's advice and actually getting out for a walk, albeit only 60 metres there and back in total.

I felt so much better for it.

This morning I did 80 metres in total and then managed 3,6 minute stints on an exercise bike at the hospital.

Afterwards I went shopping and even managed to walk around and carry my shopping back to the car.

A simple thing, but such an improvement for me.

This evening I am going to change 100 litres of water in my fish tank, only 10 litres at a time, but trust me, lifting 10 kilos is a major advance for me.

Wednesday I have one of these step counters arriving.

My target for the day is 600 steps according to the Physios.

I intend to beat that.
Very well done Swim. I can relate to the Aquarium, I used to do a 50% water change once every month, I'd carefully syphon out the water 10 litres at a time into a bucket, and on a 200 litre tank I'd almost be on my knees by the time I'd filled it again by the same method.

Sadly, after ten years, last year we sold the tank and all the fish, some of which had been with us the whole ten years [A couple of Plecs and a Golden Gourami] at least they went to a good home. I wasn't sad to stop hauling out the buckets of water though.

Don't overdo it it with the step counter Swim, build up steady. These days my mind writes cheques that my body can't cash, and you don't want to end up being an old 'Has Been' like me do you......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:29 PM

Not much today, had to house sit, bet I've put a pound on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:38 PM

Hi

I walked today, twice.

My step counter has a heart monitor with an alarm built in, it vibrates against my wrist.

It is so much better getting out of the house, seeing the birds, saying hello to people.

My last walk today was 220 metres, absolutely knackered, but so happy.

Page 45 of 370 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top