Join for free
Page 72 of 190 « First < 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 01:39 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Not to be put off by the rain I stepped out into the dark for the usual Sunday morning five miler. I expected the embrace of the cold morning air swirling around my bare legs to present quite a wake up call, but I was surprised to find it was milder than I expected. I walked the first mile along the empty streets and across the waterlogged field and entered the woods.
The first light began to illuminate the Eastern sky and the light rain peppered my face and legs, the injury that had plagued me for the last couple of months was nowhere to be seen so I reared up on to my toes and jogged through the carpet of sodden leaves on the forest floor.

I was soon on the tarmac of the cycle track and dropped to a walk but after only a few yards I was again jogging with only the slightest hint of an ache in my buttock and leg. This time I jogged over a mile alongside the main road all the way to the turn off for the lane. Although the traffic was light it was nice to veer away from the main road and into the quiet back street and once again took a rest and walked for a while.

It seemed that after only walking a short distance the tightness in the back of my leg eased up enough to allow another long stretch of jogging and I took every opportunity to keep up a steady pace along the muddy lane. With deep puddles and patches of churned up mud I managed a carefully navigated zig zag path all the way home, avoiding the worst but still requiring a major cleaning operation on my shoes.

Although this morning's effort was a very satisfying one it still isn't worthy of an entry in my running log which eagerly awaits the first entry for this year, I did however wear my stopwatch this morning and recorded a time of 1 hour and 9 minutes for the five mile circuit, which is the best I've done for the last couple of months, so I do believe I am making good progress.
I also finished feeling the rosy glow that usually occurs after a testing run, one of the reasons I do it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 11:20 AM

Had a superb run/walk this morning, after warming up for the first mile I managed to jog practically all the way round the last four miles. Even though I went in shorts I felt overdressed after a couple of miles and had to shed my gloves, unfortunately I had to keep my hat on as there was nowhere to stick it. [stop that tittering and calm down] The thin fleece I have been wearing will also have to go if this mild weather keeps up. The time ended up three minutes faster than my previous run and came in at 1 hour and 6 minutes. Still not good enough to be classed as a run and entered into my journal, but it doesn't seem too far away now. My only worry is that I do feel a bit queer afterwards.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Had a superb run/walk this morning, after warming up for the first mile I managed to jog practically all the way round the last four miles. Even though I went in shorts I felt overdressed after a couple of miles and had to shed my gloves, unfortunately I had to keep my hat on as there was nowhere to stick it. [stop that tittering and calm down] The thin fleece I have been wearing will also have to go if this mild weather keeps up. The time ended up three minutes faster than my previous run and came in at 1 hour and 6 minutes. Still not good enough to be classed as a run and entered into my journal, but it doesn't seem too far away now. My only worry is that I do feel a bit queer afterwards.
when you feel a bit queer which bit do you feel and can you provide a pic?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-01-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
when you feel a bit queer which bit do you feel and can you provide a pic?
Just feeling a bit strange Gumbud, not the usual runners high I'm used to feeling after a run. I suppose I'm going to have to get used to running all over again.
It did recede after a helping of Ikea's tasty meatballs after Mrs Fox incited me to take her to the famous Swedish furniture store at Birstall. [Near Leeds for the geographically challenged]...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 11:13 PM

does it take Brains to make Faggotts?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 12:46 AM

have you ever felt a little queer they are usually easy to handle!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-01-2017, 09:34 PM

Wandered into Floydy's neck of the woods today and I looked out for him but didn't see him.
Mrs Fox and me did one of my favourite walks.
I parked on the banks of the river Humber at St Andrews Quay. The tide was fully in and lapping around the top of the banks. Evidence of previous high tides was present with sandbags standing by against all the vulnerable places.

We took the riverside path all the way into Hull City Centre, about three miles. It was bustling as we arrived with Hull being voted the city of culture for 2017.
After a tasty lunch in Cooplands Secret Garden we set off for the return journey.
A beautiful City and one that I will return to many times in the future.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-01-2017, 09:26 PM

I've just nipped onto the forum between Coronation Streets. Although I love walking and running in the country I'm not keen on Julia Bradbury. The cameraman obviously likes her because the few times I've watched the program he has not missed an opportunity to focus on her bottom.

Yesterday's run was good enough to be entered into the 2017 running log. I managed to run the whole five miles, and even better was the fact that there were very few after effects.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 09:40 PM

Glad your running is back on track OGF
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-01-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Glad your running is back on track OGF
Thanks Myrtle, it was a very slow cautious jog but continuous and a worthy entry into the log.
Sunday will be my next run, so fingers crossed, it's comeback time.....

Page 72 of 190 « First < 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top