Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 08:56 PM

Re: Eating for Health

Realist

I have read many articles that specifically say that suger is toxic
And, Author David Gillespie has written a Book about sugar Title "Sweet Poison Quit Plan"

I understood the brain needs a little suger to operate efficiently;

As Honey is also natural suger some Dieticians do not recommend eating it.
Yet it contains Trace Elements and Vitamins as well.

Steva is a natural suger substitue but expensive.Also dried fruit is full of sugar but is often has been treated with chemicals.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What makes you think Farmers don't use chemicals Azure?

The most certainly do, (unless it is an Organic farm), and what's more, they have access to much stronger chemicals than domestic gardeners are allowed to use too.
Yes Mups you are right

It should read Organic Farmers
Though I understansd that there are some chemicals in the soil naturally as well.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

25-05-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What was once considered as chubby is now classed as obese. I don't consider myself as obese but the doctor says l am!
I am not suffering from depression, l just have a very generous male friend who takes me out for meals, buys me sweets and cream cakes.
I have told him, l am going to finish with him as his kindness is detrimental to my health!
Artangel

Sweets and cream cakes are a lovley treat .especially if some one else buys them for you!!

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

25-05-2016, 09:08 PM

Farmers say that if crops were not treated with chemicals there would not be enough food to go round
Chemicals stop disease in crops, yet some have been banned over the years!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

25-05-2016, 09:13 PM

I know a lady who is 95 and very spritely and goes for walks every day. She is also very religious.

Each day she has a Tin if Heinz Tomato Soup with bread for lunch!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I know a lady who is 95 and very spritely and goes for walks every day. She is also very religious.

Each day she has a Tin if Heinz Tomato Soup with bread for lunch!
Heinz tomato soup is considered a good food.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

25-05-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Heinz tomato soup is considered a good food.
Yes, but apparently it has added sugar in it as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Yes, but apparently it has added sugar in it as well.
Oh dear. That's that one out then.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 09:48 PM

Just off thread a little....

There's all these guidelines about weight. They check their charts and class people as overweight without actually looking properly at the person's size.

I think the size of the person should be key to whether the person is 'overweight' not what they actually weigh.
Some people who are slimish are classed as overweight by those guidelines which is crazy.

As an example, I'm not overweight. As a teenager I weighed 10st and was a size 12.
I'm still the same size (sometimes a size 10) but now weigh 8st 10, occasionally 9st.
I'm the same size as a teenager as I am as an aged person.
I do have a little more round the tum than I used to have.

My friend who was smaller in height, was slimmer than me, weighed more than me.

I wonder if bone density comes into play regarding a person's weight ie heavy or light boned.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 10:06 PM

Each day she has a Tin of Heinz Tomato Soup with bread for lunch!
Funny that. I remember as a child how tasty I thought Heinz Tomato soup was and that no other tomato soup would ever taste like Heinz's.

Years later I now know to look at the nutritional info on the label.

In a small 300g of that soup there are near enough 4 teaspoons of sugar.

5 teaspoons in the 400g can.

I have said in other threads that Heinz is NOT the great company people crack it up to be. Yes, it has heritage and its 57 varieties, but make no mistake, this is another money hungry conglomerate that will do anything for money.

This product absolutely appals me.

Little biscotti biscuits which are part of their Baby Food range.

They have the word "Organic" displayed in big proud lettering to make the witless think this is a good and healthy product for your baby. But you would have to be thoroughly inept and immoral to feed these to your baby.

Each little biscotti contains just over ONE FULL teaspoon of sugar.

Just imagine spooning a teaspoon of raw sugar into that little mouth. Addicting that little life from such an early age to sugar. It is utterly heartless and a sad indictment of the corrupt world we now live in.

It is immoral to feed these to a baby, so how much more immoral is it to manufacture the sh*t in the first place ?!

People should wake up and see Heinz for what it now is and really we should boycott all their products on principle.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top