Join for free
Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Re: Peripheral Nuropoathy.

Twink i make sure i get copies of all my letters anyway, does little good even when confronted with them they will find a way to blame others.

Im hoping to change my practice, and i will investigate buying meds online if necessary.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 08:11 PM

Oh dear ... sorry the appointment was disappointing and no help to you Nom Maybe changing your practice will the right way to go now...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Twink i make sure i get copies of all my letters anyway, does little good even when confronted with them they will find a way to blame others.

Im hoping to change my practice, and i will investigate buying meds online if necessary.

It's entirely wrong you have to resort to this though Nom.

Round here, Surgeries are so packed now, that if we have a doctor already, we cannot change now. They will only take on new people who have no doctor yet.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 10:14 AM

Been put on another drug yesterday after a review at GP`s, and one more to follow when dosage is confirmed.

The side effects of the new drug are a bit worrying, so i will need to watch things carefully.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 11:04 AM

Nom, as a diabetic you should not have to pay for your prescriptions, which you will have to do if you buy online. That money would pay for a taxi home, with big shops from the supermarket!
Can you be sure that what you buy online are safe?
I know you always think that, if they are not spending money on you, somebody more in need may get it, but that is never the case! The only person who is likely to put your needs first, is yourself, so that is what you should do
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

21-01-2017, 10:02 AM

Hi Twink thanks for responding, been a bit of a breakthrough. I had a phone cal yesterday from the GP after i mentioned that i had a blood test at the clinic last week for vitamins i may be lacking and was there any results.

There was non so she had the nurse at the surgery do another. She phoned yesterday to let me know that i have a Folic Acid deficiency, this could well be the cause of my nerve and muscle weakness and if so its reversible i hope so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 10:05 AM

Hi Twink thanks for responding, been a bit of a breakthrough. I had a phone cal yesterday from the GP after i mentioned that i had a blood test at the clinic last week for vitamins i may be lacking and was there any results.

There was non so she had the nurse at the surgery do another. She phoned yesterday to let me know that i have a Folic Acid deficiency, this could well be the cause of my nerve and muscle weakness and if so its reversible i hope so.

Oh NOm, that does indeed sound promising and hopefully optimistic indeed. How soon can you start some meds to try and rectify it?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

21-01-2017, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh NOm, that does indeed sound promising and hopefully optimistic indeed. How soon can you start some meds to try and rectify it?
Getting them today, could be caused by diabetic meds stripping Folic acid, bt will look into increasing food groups that promote it, except sprouts not going down that route.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-01-2017, 10:16 AM

Getting them today, could be caused by diabetic meds stripping Folic acid, bt will look into increasing food groups that promote it, except sprouts not going down that route.

If it is known that diabetic meds can do that, I can't understand why no one picked up on your symptoms and tested you for the folic acid deficiency before now?
Anyway, let's hope it improves things considerably. I wonder how long it takes to see an improvement, any idea?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

21-01-2017, 10:21 AM

No Mups no idea i did ask if i could get it over the counter but GP said it would not be strong enough.

Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top