Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 06:22 PM

Re: Transplants

May I choose the body my wise old head is to be attached to ?

I do fancy nice boobs, a waspy waist and good child-bearing hips .....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

haha Pummy, we posted at the same time .... you might get your wish one day (read my post before yours)
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 06:30 PM

This is the stuff of nightmares!!!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:37 PM

Or wet dreams ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

But I'd have thought you'd have liked a nice change Pummy dear.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:54 PM

Just read a huge article in todays paper about it, too now.

Part of it says:

Only when death has been legally declared can they start packing the body in ice while attaching a "heart-lung resuscitator" to get the blood circulating.
Then they administer 16 different medications meant to protect the cells from crystalising.
The patients body, or just the head depending on which plan they wanted, goes through a process called vitrification.
This drains the blood and fluid from the body's cells before replacing it with cryo-protectant - a medical grade antifreeze.
Once this process is complete, the bodies, or heads, are moved into the 10' x 6' Care Bays, where the are held (upside down) in a chamb er of liquid nitrogen."

The woman who runs/owns one of the three centres that exist at the moment, has kept her husband's head in this way.
She said even relatives sometimes visit these bodies and put keepsakes in their time capsules.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 08:44 PM

I am minded of a tune. But beware I do like Alice Cooper and the content is strange-see you on the music thread.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by pumicestone ->
or wet dreams ?
you filthy pig!!!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just read this in today's paper:

"Patients preparing for a human head transplant will have virtual reality lessons on coping with a new body.

Prof. Sergio Canavero, of the Turin Advanced Neuro-modulation Group, plans the first transplant next year.

He says simulation will help paralysed people get used to being able to walk again with a donor body."

What do you feel about this? Is it a 'miracle' or a bit macabre, and a step too far?
So if it's a head transplanted onto fit body? Where will they get the donors from, I wonder.. Is it April 1st or are they really serious? Playing games, I suspect..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-11-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
So if it's a head transplanted onto fit body? Where will they get the donors from, I wonder.. Is it April 1st or are they really serious? Playing games, I suspect..

Well if they have a body donated, I assume it will come complete with a head.
Perhaps the body is diseased or broken, but the head is still alright?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top