Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:27 PM

Ear wax

I'm one of those who from childhood, has to have my ears cleared of wax roughly every couple of years.

I do the olive oil scenario and then get them cleared.

However, I've found on the internet you can do them yourself and I remember a member saying on a thread somewhere that he does them himself.

So methought, I'll have a bash myself this time (after watching folk on youtube).

But I can't find a suitable squirty thing.
Every chemist has said they don't stock anything, except a couple who tried to fob me off with Otex (I think it was), where they have something to be used with their cleaning fluid or whatever it is. Anyway that was about £9 or something

I know what I'm doing olive oil wise, I'll do it gently with the warm water bit...but I just can't get hold of something squirty to put the warm water in.

Anyone?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:30 PM

Re: Ear wax

I wouldn't dare squirt anything in my ears as they are prone to playing up.

Would a pippet do?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't dare squirt anything in my ears as they are prone to playing up.

Would a pippet do?
What's a pippet Morti?

I feel a Google moment coming on..
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-12-2016, 09:39 PM

No, not like a pippet .. the thing I saw on youtube is like a squeezy ball thing with a narrow end.

Can I find the video now when I want to show it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:52 PM

Rather than blast something in the ear Pesta, Mrs Fox has got an apparatus that resembles a small vacuum cleaner with small tips that can be attached which will suck out the wax. I'll try and find out where she got it from.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-12-2016, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Rather than blast something in the ear Pesta, Mrs Fox has got an apparatus that resembles a small vacuum cleaner with small tips that can be attached which will suck out the wax. I'll try and find out where she got it from.
Eeee, you're a good lad OGF. Thanks chuck. I was actually going to dribble water in rather than blast it in BTW. Sounds like hose pipe at the ready when you say 'blast something in the ear'. Stand back, turn the tap on

Just found something called a bulb syringe, apparently for babies mucus. Similar to the thing I saw on youtube.

edited
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:01 PM

Not sure what you mean here Pesta, but wouldn't just an empty dropper bottle do to put the mixture in? You can buy them at any chemist, or am I misunderstanding?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:05 PM

Ewww...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-12-2016, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure what you mean here Pesta, but wouldn't just an empty dropper bottle do to put the mixture in? You can buy them at any chemist, or am I misunderstanding?

I put the olive oil in with a dropper bottle Mups.

I need something to 'squirt' (or to use OGF's phrase) 'blast' the warm water into the ear, to expel the wax out when it's softened.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-12-2016, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ewww...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top