Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:13 PM

Re: Ear wax

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I put the olive oil in with a dropper bottle Mups.

I need something to 'squirt' (or to use OGF's phrase) 'blast' the warm water into the ear, to expel the wax out when it's softened.

Oh, dunno then, I've never done that, or seen it done, sorry Pesta.
All I can say is, you be careful gal, don't want you damaging anything and making yourself deaf . . .

I said "don't want you damaging anyhing and making yourself deaf".. I said " oh. . I give up.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Rather than blast something in the ear Pesta, Mrs Fox has got an apparatus that resembles a small vacuum cleaner with small tips that can be attached which will suck out the wax. I'll try and find out where she got it from.
That sounds like it could be useful.
I had no end of bother when the doctor syringed my ears .. and ended up going to the hospital to have them sucked out.
As said, I have dicky ears anyway.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh, dunno then, I've never done that, or seen it done, sorry Pesta.
All I can say is, you be careful gal, don't want you damaging anything and making yourself deaf . . .

I said "don't want you damaging anyhing and making yourself deaf".. I said " oh. . I give up.

Can't hear ya....come round the other side
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I had no end of bother when the doctor syringed my ears .. and ended up going to the hospital to have them sucked out.
I've heard of sucking the wax out. I've never had that done. Used to be syringing, and now it's like a pulsing water spray.

Not sure I'd like to have the sucking one, might take my brains...
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:21 PM

Use one of those gravy basters lol!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

You should change your vet then Mort.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:24 PM

Not sure about D.I.Y when it comes to sensitive organs like ears. Easy to perforate an ear-drum if you are not careful.

When I was a child (light years ago) my doctor once told me I should never put anything smaller than my right elbow in my left ear ! Took me a while to figure it out - but it was good advice.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

04-12-2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Use one of those gravy basters lol!!!

Oooh just Googled those.... hey - that might do the trick!
Ta Doc .

Next question...presumably most places selling cookware will have them?

BTW, does it give a really good squirt out, if you understand what I mean?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-12-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not sure about D.I.Y when it comes to sensitive organs like ears. Easy to perforate an ear-drum if you are not careful.

When I was a child (light years ago) my doctor once told me I should never put anything smaller than my right elbow in my left ear ! Took me a while to figure it out - but it was good advice.

I agree Tabby. My Mum used to mess with hers and she perforated one ear drum.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 10:27 PM

I use something that looks much the same as this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AcuLife-Ear.../dp/B000SOJXGA

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top