Join for free
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:11 AM

Now the British can't open a British shop

Yet polish ships sprout up everywhere , halal butchers are a growing industry ...... but heaven forbid a British shop opening ( in the USA the Stars and Stripes fly everywhere )

Man branded ‘racist’ after opening 'Really British' store
http://dailym.ai/2gYAZ8t

A shopkeeper has been branded 'racist' after opening a store that celebrates being British.
Chris Ostwald, 54, was shocked when his 'Really British' shop became the centre of a racism storm after it opened in Muswell Hill, north London.
Mr Ostwald wants to back our businesses and sells nostalgic British goods - but instead of creating national pride, he caused a furore.
Locals were furious with the businessman's patriotic message and he has suffered such an onslaught of criticism that he was forced to take down his Union flags.
Mr Ostwald also said that one of his female assistants, a Spanish national, walked out after just one day after being subject to a barrage of abuse.
Many of his critics, in the largely pro-Remain borough of Haringey, have accused him of being insensitive during a period of heightened cultural tension.
Mr Ostwald said: 'The shop is in no way meant to be 'political' or 'pro Brexit', but we have had a lot of complaints saying it is or we are 'racist'!
'A guy came in the other day and said, 'what's this, a charity shop?'
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 11:28 AM

Re: Now the British can't open a British shop

Hi

A serious flaw in my view, in France the Tricolor is everywhere.

Time to change in my view.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 01:11 PM

Never had this problem with BHS.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 01:20 PM

Maybe because only us golden oldies knew what the intials meant !
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 02:05 PM

Once more the professionally offended react on behalf of others. Who probably couldn't give a toss.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 12:33 AM

Probably just a publicity stunt.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
A shopkeeper has been branded 'racist' after opening a store that celebrates being British.

Mr Ostwald wants to back our businesses and sells nostalgic British goods - but instead of creating national pride, he caused a furore.

Locals were furious...

Many of his critics, in the largely pro-Remain borough of Haringey, have accused him of being insensitive during a period of heightened cultural tension.
How absolutely ridiculous and infuriating. If this is not an example of racist attacks, I don't know what is. If such things were done to anyone who is not white British, the police would be down on them like a ton of bricks, but I'm willing to bet that in this case the police were not in the least interested and did nothing.

Clearly, the location says it all.

Bearing in mind that this is in one of the least British parts of Londonistan, I have to say that I don't feel surprised in the least. In fact, I am surprised that his accusers were not shouting something like "How dare you open a shop that supports British values? This is OUR area!"

The people I blame, though, are not the complainers: they are just opportunists taking full advantage of the authorities' penchant for supporting anyone who is not white British.

It is high time that something was put in law to offer the same rights and the same support for the indigenous people of this land, and ensure that the law is applied thoroughly. If not, we might as well just accept that parts of this country are really not British at all and, of course, that such situations will continue to spread.

So much for racial equality.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 01:39 AM

Not too far from me, there's a business flogging all things Aussie - mainly to the tourists of course.
Akubra hats, Drizabone coats, 'Roo skins, Stuffed 'koalas' (probably made in China), machine-made boomerangs, 'aboriginal' art, opals, crocodile bits - all that sorta stuff.
The bloke is making a motza.

Never heard a whimper from anyone objecting to that !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2016, 10:19 AM

Listening to the complainers and the chap whose shop it is on the radio I can only say there is one really nice man and a couple of absolute idiots involved in this story. I won't say what Nathan called them but it wasn't complementary

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top